Author Topic: Re: Gay Pride March  (Read 1010 times)

Spud

Re: Gay Pride March
« on: May 25, 2019, 01:45:57 PM »
I have just come back from the City  with the Gay Pride March going on it is an absolute Carnival Atmosphere. Thousands are on the streets Great Fun everyone seemed to be having a great time without a hint of offence. I mean this is the nicest way I am amazed at the number of Gays of all Sexes Colours and Religions although I guess that some may only be gay from The Day. It's Colourful noisy and above all everyone is enjoying themselves just pity that some are taking the event as an opportunity to vent a few political views.
Tomorrow it's the Brum Fun Run last week we had about 26,000 doing the Velo Cycle Race. Some would argue that we ain't the safest place in the Country but on this showing we must be one of the happiest
The Only Free Cheese is in  The Trap

Phil

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2019, 03:16:28 PM »
Spud

I hope you don't mind that I moved your post to its own thread, as the thread you posted it to wasn't really contemporary, and its more about the roads and streets themselves than what occurs on them.
Make Love Not War

Scipio

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2019, 09:56:12 PM »
Spud

I hope you don't mind that I moved your post to its own thread, as the thread you posted it to wasn't really contemporary, and its more about the roads and streets themselves than what occurs on them.

Gay Pride March it was a bit different in the 60's don't you think so Phil ? Birmingham / the world were'nt so keen in showing their gay communities off in those days.
If voting made any difference , they wouldn't let us do it.
Mark Twain

Phil

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2019, 10:18:12 PM »

Gay Pride March it was a bit different in the 60's don't you think so Phil ? Birmingham / the world were'nt so keen in showing their gay communities off in those days.

Scipio

I don't know the gay community didn't do much hiding behind closed doors. I think things definitely relaxed for them from the very early 60's. Many of my acquaintances were openly gay and I can't ever remember any of them getting arrested for it.
Make Love Not War

Edmund Fifield

« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2019, 11:36:18 PM »
You've certainly had a good life Phil .Only ever meet one lovely gay person .Named LARRY GRAYSON. Became a good friend

Scipio

« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2019, 11:38:03 PM »
You've certainly had a good life Phil .Only ever meet one lovely gay person .Named LARRY GRAYSON. Became a good friend

You must be Everard then Edmund ha ha
Mark Twain

Edmund Fifield

« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2019, 09:57:38 AM »
Thanks Scipio O0 O0 .He was such a nice person.went to a couple of party's with him .Got us tickets to see him in pantomine at kiddy one xmas.Met him though ging to the Barn Social,his name then was Billy Brean.Came from Nuneaton.

frederick

« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2019, 03:49:54 PM »
I've been to a male gay wedding about three years ago, no kissing the bride.
Failure to Prepare is to Prepare to Fail

Scipio

« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2019, 09:32:51 PM »
I've been to a male gay wedding about three years ago, no kissing the bride.

Frederick was that your first time of meeting gays  ?
Mark Twain

frederick

« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2019, 09:34:58 AM »
Scipio,
No, in our drinks bar there was a nuculus of gay women would use it, as a meeting place for a drink and a chat and some where good lookers.     ;)
Failure to Prepare is to Prepare to Fail

Scipio

« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2019, 08:46:03 PM »
Scipio,
No, in our drinks bar there was a nuculus of gay women would use it, as a meeting place for a drink and a chat and some where good lookers.     ;)

Yes I know , from a personal point of view , I've already voiced my opinions about a Mr Barry Parker and his looks circa 1960's . Phil the moderator knew him also , all the young ladies wanted to get to know or get near Barry that was in The Ringway club
Mark Twain