Author Topic: Re: Gay Pride March  (Read 6881 times)

Phil

• Account Closed
Re: Gay Pride March
« Reply #55 on: June 08, 2019, 02:11:07 PM »
has a mod on this forum and have been for a long long time and I believe in free speech  and I think we are big boys and girls we should not need to be told

Roy

As you know some posters on this forum have to be reminded about the "off topic rule" even though both you and myself allow a certain amount of leeway on this rule. Though when I receive a genuine complain concerning "the off topic" then there is no other option but to act on that complaint.

Could I ask if anyone wishes to make a genuine reply to this post then please start another thread and don't reply here.
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

Scipio

« Reply #56 on: June 08, 2019, 08:52:27 PM »
Surely when someone starts a post on a subject like the Gay Pride March, there are bound to be a few comments that some people don't agree with (on both "sides" of the fence) and as long as they are on subject and not offensive I don't see the problem, whatever the subject of a post there will be those in favour and those who are not, and within reason comment from both points of view should be acceptable and expected.

Yes exactly Coastal that's why I said I would never go to a Pride march, I've spoke to quite a few gays and worked with a few but a parade is not my bag , my parents were Irish and I only went to one St Patrick days march in my youth . Parades full stop do  not attract my attention, something like Trooping the Colour or anything patriotic  that brings home the greatness of this great land of ours .
If voting made any difference , they wouldn't let us do it.
Mark Twain

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #57 on: June 08, 2019, 09:44:39 PM »
Surely when someone starts a post on a subject like the Gay Pride March, there are bound to be a few comments that some people don't agree with (on both "sides" of the fence) and as long as they are on subject and not offensive I don't see the problem, whatever the subject of a post there will be those in favour and those who are not, and within reason comment from both points of view should be acceptable and expected.

Coastal

That's exactly why both Roy and myself allow a certain deviation from the off topic rule, but when a subject tends to change over to the off topic subject or we get a complaint that is justifiable then it becomes time to enforce the rule.
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

HeidiGycle

Small request
« Reply #58 on: September 11, 2019, 08:02:47 AM »
Hello, I'm new here, my name is Heidi. Is it a right place to introduce myself?

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #59 on: September 11, 2019, 08:17:09 AM »
Hi HeidiGycle,

We do have a thread for introducing yourself,

http://www.birminghamforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=61.msg703563#msg703563

Though here is as good a place as any if your intention is to post to this thread, in the meantime welcome to the forum.
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy