Author Topic: "Blue Watch" Albion St, Fire and Ambulance Service  (Read 656 times)

nzjrc

"Blue Watch" Albion St, Fire and Ambulance Service
« on: May 26, 2019, 03:10:36 PM »
Hi, Just found your forum. My dad was from Smethwick and joined the Fire and Ambulance Service in the early fifties. I know he was on Blue Watch and at Albion St at some stage, but I'm still trying to find out more info. He met my Mum there and after they were married they emigrated to NZ where they spent the rest of their lives. When dad left he was given a silver cup which reads
"To Alan, from the boys of Blue Watch, Wednesday 7th April 1954. S Benham, E Brown, B Champion, E George, J Hart, W Johnson, P Longden, F Moore, N Parkes, R Pratt, P Rowe, D Sadler, T Sheil, C Steele, M Whitehouse" Any links to the history of the fire stations would be much appreciated. Thanks. [/color][/font][/size]

Phil

• Account Closed
Re: "Blue Watch" Albion St, Fire and Ambulance Service
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2019, 04:34:11 PM »
Hi nzjrc,

Welcome to our forum, you might try this link for information on service records or anything else like that,

https://www.wmfs.net/

Also there are fire service forums on the web, but because of the rules of this forum I am not allow to post links to other forums, but if you type WMFS forums into Google I'm sure it will come up with something.

My son spent nearly all his working life in the fire service except for some time in the navy, but to my knowledge never spent any time at Albion Street so I know it would be a waste of time asking him about that station.

I do have two photos of the station itself, which I'm pretty sure is closed now and I think the main part of it is now a nursery.
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

nzjrc

Re: "Blue Watch" Albion St, Fire and Ambulance Service
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2019, 04:46:27 PM »
Wow, impressive building. Thanks Phil. I will check out the link and look more into Google.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy