Author Topic: Camera companies of Birmingham  (Read 3199 times)

Des Gardner

Re: Camera companies of Birmingham
« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2019, 08:50:14 PM »
The Coronet Camera company was in the pelican works Great Hampton St, but at some time it must have been in Summer lane...see this old undated receipt....

jamesneverjim

« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2019, 10:06:35 PM »
Hi Des, That looks great I have one similar to that myself but another is brilliant!  Have you got a full size version of that?  The image on the thread is only a thumbnail size

Des Gardner

« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2019, 10:44:37 PM »
Hi James, this was the 4th try of putting a picture of the document on here I had to keep reducing the picture untill it went on here...the receipt is A4 in size....please advise......I do have the camera that came with this receipt, its a very crude cardboard made box camera and inside the camera there is some sheet film, dev and fixer, it was designed for a infant or junior to practice the art of taking a picture and developing  the film.......these documents and camera was left to me by our uncle where he got it from I dont know! I do know however that the Coronet Camera company was in Great Hampton street, in the early 60s I did have a plastic 120 size Coronet camera, what happened to that camera I dont know, I have always been interested in photoraphy since I was about 11 years of age, I am very much a senior now.......tomorrow if i get time I will take a picture of the camera and try and post it on here.....Des

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #14 on: June 12, 2019, 11:18:49 PM »
Des, try this method of uploading photos its quite simple and its a safe site.

http://www.tinypic.com/

Phil died in 2020. RIP.

Des Gardner

« Reply #15 on: June 13, 2019, 11:27:59 AM »
I still cant get the size right! run out of time for a while....tried the tiny thing but the image just come out as a thumbnail....

jamesneverjim

« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2019, 12:14:00 PM »
That sounds like their first camera Des, and was actually aimed at adults rather than children.  What colour is your camera - marbled wine red?

Des Gardner

« Reply #17 on: June 13, 2019, 12:28:40 PM »
Yes, marbled reddish colour. The shutter is fully manual, it stays open for as long as your finger is on the shutter lever. The camera is made of thick cardboard, with a tiny glass eyepiece to look through to frame the picture, when I get more time I will sort some very old photo books from the 50s out that a friend gave me years ago, I seem to recall they were full of adverts, for cameras and enlargers.....

roy one

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18 on: June 13, 2019, 12:36:46 PM »

they come in all colours but you said red so red it is
each day is a blessing and I bless each day when it comes

Des Gardner

« Reply #19 on: June 13, 2019, 03:16:36 PM »
Mine is nothing like that that picture! I am beginning to think that my document has nothing to do with the camera that came with it, but it was given to me as one item...

Des Gardner

« Reply #20 on: June 13, 2019, 03:26:01 PM »
View Full Size Image

Des Gardner

« Reply #21 on: June 13, 2019, 03:29:07 PM »
View Full Size Image

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy