Author Topic: cafe night club  (Read 320 times)

maryjoseph

cafe night club
« on: June 26, 2019, 09:43:59 PM »
can any one out their remember a café come night club down some stairs the name was the grotto it sold scrumpy cider I am just wondering if any one as any photos of this club just a recap this club was in Bromsgrove street in Birmingham just down the road from silver blades  will have to wait and see if any one could help me out thank you

Phil

• Global Moderator
Re: cafe night club
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2019, 10:32:17 PM »
maryjoseph,

It does pay to look back in here from time to time, I imagine this place was the same as the Grotto Coffee Bar a 7 Bromsgrove Street which was two door up from the Black Swan on the corner of Market Street. In this photo it is the brown fronted building on the right by the fire engine,
Make Love Not War

townie

Re: cafe night club
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2019, 03:42:52 PM »
can any one out their remember a café come night club down some stairs the name was the grotto it sold scrumpy cider I am just wondering if any one as any photos of this club just a recap this club was in Bromsgrove street in Birmingham just down the road from silver blades  will have to wait and see if any one could help me out thank you

Hi Mary. What years are you talking about? The only café I can remember on Bromsgrove Street was the Mexicarno. There was an underground drinking place but that was called the Catacombs.
Was it a vision, or a waking dream?