Author Topic: Old Candy Store on Albert St in Stechford  (Read 2004 times)

Phil

• Account Closed
Re: Old Candy Store on Albert St in Stechford
« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2019, 08:40:41 AM »
Thanks Mike, going on your new information I've posted below an image of what 190 looks like today, and also an image of what it looked like in 1951. The shop is located between the parked van and the man standing at the kerbside.
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

kyungblut

« Reply #12 on: July 04, 2019, 04:50:18 PM »
Perfect! Thank you! Unfortunately it looks like it was turned into a garage and now for sale. (according to google maps)
I have had better luck with finding the King Norton Fire Hall where Henry served as a fireman and able to walk through when I'm there. Thanks again for all the help, the people of Brum have been so helpful!!

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #13 on: July 04, 2019, 06:19:11 PM »
Kyungblut

I don't know where you are looking on Google, but the first photo I posted was the shop as it is today, its part of an Asian Supermarket.
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

kyungblut

« Reply #14 on: July 05, 2019, 07:25:24 PM »
it was right beside! Thank you so much!! "The Dairy" makes sense, not "The Candy".

Thank you so much for your help!

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #15 on: July 05, 2019, 08:30:36 PM »
it was right beside! Thank you so much!! "The Dairy" makes sense, not "The Candy".

Thank you so much for your help!

There has to be something wrong somewhere because "the dairy" was number 196 Albert Road and not 190 where Mike found your grandparents listed on the electoral roll, besides 196 was a grocery store throughout the years you mention and it was listed to a Mrs E M Fleetwood.
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy