Author Topic: Tiny Pics  (Read 2222 times)

Spud

Tiny Pics
« on: July 26, 2019, 09:45:37 AM »
I have just had a message come up advising that 'Tiny Pics will be closing their site in 2019'
The Only Free Cheese is in The Trap

roy one

• Global Moderator
Re: Tiny Pics
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2019, 09:54:21 AM »

TinyPic is shutting down in 2019

TinyPic is shutting down its image hosting service because we can no longer support a free service that derives 100% of its revenue from ever declining on-site ad revenues. 
 While you may continue to host images from our site until further notice, we encourage you to consider selecting one of the premium plans offered by our sister site,
Photobucket
 Thanks for using TinyPic for your hosting needs over the years. We apologize that we can no longer continue providing this service, but Photobucket is a great option going forward. 

each day is a blessing and I bless each day when it comes

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2019, 10:21:11 AM »
If you wish to continue posting images to the site, but you don't want to have to pay to reduce the size of your images, you can always invest in a cheap photo editing programme which will reduce the size of your image to whatever you want. Or there are plenty of free one that can be found on the web, and windows 10 has photo editing facilities built into it.

Just remember you can't post a photo larger than  80kb and the total of images (no more than 5) can total no more than 192kb. If you have problems just outline your problem here and either Roy, Chris or myself will try to assist you.
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

JudithM

« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2019, 01:05:19 PM »
I wouldn't recommend Photobucket.  I don't know what their premium service is like having not wanted to pay to use my own photographs, but I'll give it a miss based on the standard of their 'free' service.

As Phil says, there are plenty of editing programmes out there to chose from.
"I know tomorrow's gonna taste like cake"

townie

« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2019, 01:18:14 PM »
Didn't Photobucket shut down not long ago and many forums lost thousands of photos?
Was it a vision, or a waking dream?

frederick

« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2019, 04:16:13 PM »
JudithM,
Is there one that you can recommend for us to use.
Failure to Prepare is to Prepare to Fail

astoness

« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2019, 05:05:16 PM »
deffo dont use photobucket unless you are rich...last i read they now charge about £400 a year for us to use their site as host for photos...i used them for a few months to post photos on another site i am a member of (this is when photobucket was free to use) and because i did not play ball with their over the top subscription all of the photos i posted on said site were deleted by them

lyn

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2019, 06:48:37 PM »
JudithM,
Is there one that you can recommend for us to use.

Fred

Just go on Google and type in "free photo editing" just make sure your anti virus considers it safe before you download it.
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

roy one

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2019, 02:42:38 PM »
well that's it tiny pics has gone 

sad day

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2019, 04:00:40 PM »
Roy

As I said previously there are plenty of online resizing and editing sites that can be searched for and used, its just a matter of resizing any image to the required size and then uploading them to the forum by following the instructions given.
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

roy one

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2019, 04:30:56 PM »
yes phil but I found tiny pic so use full I could use it do do all kinds of things with no messing   

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy