Author Topic: Balsall Heath Memories 50's and 60's  (Read 321597 times)

cocacolakid

Re: Balsall Heath Memories 50's and 60's
« Reply #583 on: January 21, 2013, 01:17:03 PM »
Frank, Malc,
I can't remember any of the girls names from my junior school days    :-[
Fred..

You saying you could not remember any of the girls names from your junior school, got me thinking.
I sat down and made a list of all the pupils names that I remember from Mary St junior school.
I remembered a total of  81 names,  33 of the names were girls.   O0
                                                                                                                                         Malc.
Every day is a gift, that's why they call it the present.

frank

« Reply #584 on: January 21, 2013, 03:01:16 PM »
Malcolm. You never cease to amaze, 81 names are an awful lot to remember from 60 odd years ago. Frank.

frank

« Reply #585 on: January 21, 2013, 03:27:39 PM »
Hello Daverock. I for one would like to hear from Ralph on this forum, and to find out how life has treated him since he left school. I all so sure Malcolm ( cocacolakid ) would also feel the same way. Also Dave i am almost sure that Ralph told me that he was moving to Israel with his family. Frank.

cocacolakid

« Reply #586 on: January 21, 2013, 04:45:20 PM »
Hello Daverock. I for one would like to hear from Ralph on this forum, and to find out how life has treated him since he left school. I all so sure Malcolm ( cocacolakid ) would also feel the same way. Also Dave i am almost sure that Ralph told me that he was moving to Israel with his family. Frank.
Frank..

I would be pleased to hear from Ralph. It would be good if he could let us know how thinks have been for him.
I was not aware he intended moving to Israel.
                                                                                                                  Malc.

cocacolakid

« Reply #587 on: January 21, 2013, 04:56:23 PM »
Malcolm. You never cease to amaze, 81 names are an awful lot to remember from 60 odd years ago. Frank.
Frank..

I am sure I am not the only one who remembers names from the past, but thanks for your kind words :-[

I guess I would be prepared to put the list of names from Mary St on the forum if they would be of any interest to other Ex Mary St pupils from our era. Quite a few of the pupils were not in my classes, but are ones I knew of.
                                                                                                                                                                                  Malc.

frank

« Reply #588 on: January 21, 2013, 05:14:50 PM »
Malcolm. I am sure there are not many people out there that can recall that many names from 60 odd years ago. I for one would like to see all those names you remember, but i think that may be a task to far, i for one would not want to do it for fear of wearing my 1 typing finger down. Frank.

cocacolakid

« Reply #589 on: January 22, 2013, 12:14:38 PM »
Malcolm. I am sure there are not many people out there that can recall that many names from 60 odd years ago. I for one would like to see all those names you remember, but i think that may be a task to far, i for one would not want to do it for fear of wearing my 1 typing finger down. Frank.
Frank..

All things are possible  O0   I am off on holiday at the weekend for two weeks, but when I get home I will put the names on the forum. My wife, Angela, can type properly, so I will get her to do it, it won't take her long. I hope the names will be of interest to you and others. I am sure you will recall a lot of these names, even if you can't put the faces to them.

Malc.

Foxey

« Reply #590 on: January 27, 2013, 11:52:08 PM »
Hi just reading posts bringing back memories :)  I lived in sherbourne road from 1959 I was  1967.I was 5 when i moved there. I went to Belgrave junior school and then to Queensbridge. My memories are playing on the bombed building site and the spooked wash house in the yard.we were convinced a witch lived there. It seems a long time ago. I was looking for photos of sherbourne road as I don't have any :(  also it would be nice to here from any one who was around at that time.

Bramble

« Reply #591 on: January 30, 2013, 06:46:44 PM »
I lived in Balsall Heath, was born at Loveday Street  Hospital in 1952, we lived in Sherbourne Rd. Mum & Dad had the pub "The Brit" [Brittania] I went to St Mary's school - is this the same as Mary Street

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #592 on: January 30, 2013, 07:14:25 PM »
Hi Foxey & Bramble,

Welcome to the forum both of you, Bramble could you be thinking of St Johns School in Mary Street over the Edward rd end of Mary Street?

Phil died in 2020. RIP.

frank

« Reply #593 on: January 30, 2013, 07:17:40 PM »
Hello Bramble. No they were different schools,i think st Mary's was a Roman Catholic school . I was wondering if you might have a photo of the old Brit . I was Born in Sherbourne road in 1942 at number  46 and my parents used to use the Brit , and I went to Mary Street School. Frank.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy