Author Topic: West End ballroom  (Read 1383 times)

Geoff Ashton

West End ballroom
« on: September 17, 2019, 09:24:04 PM »
 O0 My name is geoff ashton and I was the dj at the westend in the good old 60`s
best job of my life! nice to drop anyone a line!

Edmund Fifield

Re: West End ballroom
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2019, 11:27:10 PM »
Sorry Goeff never went
Make every day a day to remember
Because this ain't no rehearsal
And you ain't coming back

Scipio

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2019, 09:21:08 PM »
O0 My name is geoff ashton and I was the dj at the westend in the good old 60`s
best job of my life! nice to drop anyone a line!

I did Geoff as I mentioned in my previous post every Tuesday night , I remember you very well , great times Geoff
If voting made any difference , they wouldn't let us do it.
Mark Twain

wideload

« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2019, 06:13:06 PM »
Saturday lunchtime was my time to go to the West End, plenty of young ladies called in whilst on a shopping trip always quite full. The dance floor was spring loaded (I think thats the right term) and you could really feel the bounce.
   A school friend of mine told me that his father was in the resident band at the West End, I think the band was called the Sonny Rose orchestra. I used the cinema side of the west end more than the dance hall, happy days.

Scipio

« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2019, 08:47:02 PM »
Saturday lunchtime was my time to go to the West End, plenty of young ladies called in whilst on a shopping trip always quite full. The dance floor was spring loaded (I think thats the right term) and you could really feel the bounce.
   A school friend of mine told me that his father was in the resident band at the West End, I think the band was called the Sonny Rose orchestra. I used the cinema side of the west end more than the dance hall, happy days.

No band on Tuesday nights, only great music as supplied by Geoff Ashton that started this thread off . Heaven sent difinitely "Well Done Geoff"
I'll always be truly grateful fo the great music and a great bunch of people .
If voting made any difference , they wouldn't let us do it.
Mark Twain

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy