Author Topic: Outdoor paddling pools 1970s  (Read 2321 times)

Mummybear65

Outdoor paddling pools 1970s
« on: October 06, 2019, 03:03:06 PM »
Hi there can anyone help me, I left Birmingham in 1976 aged 11 and have vivid memories of Droitwich Lido and an area in Birmingham, which was a park with paddling pools which ran down into each other, I seen to remember there being 3 one with a fountain in it. It couldn’t have been too far from where we lived in Great Barr. Such happy memories would love to see any old photographs.

Phil

• Account Closed
Re: Outdoor paddling pools 1970s
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2019, 03:13:59 PM »
Hi Mummybear,

Welcome to you, the park you refer to in the Birmingham area with the three paddling pools next to each other on a down slope just had to be Small Heath Park. As it is the only one I can remember being as you describe. They are of course gone now, no doubt because of the high cost of adhering to new Health & Safety regulations.
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

mw0njm

« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2019, 03:29:15 PM »
Hi Mummybear,

Welcome to you, the park you refer to in the Birmingham area with the three paddling pools next to each other on a down slope just had to be Small Heath Park. As it is the only one I can remember being as you describe. They are of course gone now, no doubt because of the high cost of adhering to new Health & Safety regulations.
it was a great paddlin pool,untill some **** threw bottles in there. then it was closed

RoyMcC

« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2019, 06:10:07 PM »
Spent many Sundays there. Used to be mobbed on a sunny weekend. No entry charge that I recall. Safe for all as kids used to graduate up from the shallow pool as age/ability increased. Ice cream and home on the 58. Didn't take much expense for a good day out then.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy