Author Topic: Holidays and Leisure  (Read 2576 times)

JudithM

Re: Holidays and Leisure
« Reply #77 on: November 18, 2019, 01:29:28 PM »
Peg,It's all about Rods Scale Model Railway in the centre of the Sun today.(Seen it over a mans shoulder in the surgery today)
Rod Stewart's  model railway is very impressive -

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-50403561

His tv interview about it was very good too. He made it himself over a couple of decades

My uncle Bill had a huge model railway in his attic.  It used to fascinate me, especially all the little buildings & people.  Us kids weren't allowed to operate it though, we'd just watch in awe  ;D
"I know tomorrow's gonna taste like cake"

JudithM

« Reply #78 on: November 18, 2019, 01:30:02 PM »
I have no idea why this posted twice

frederick

« Reply #79 on: November 18, 2019, 02:52:31 PM »
Wall done Rod.   O0    It knocks the one I built for my eldest son into a tinny corner of Rods.    O0
Failure to Prepare is to Prepare to Fail

Ian Dalziel

« Reply #80 on: November 18, 2019, 03:28:53 PM »
Such Talent.    O0
MOCK DISCLAIMER   In case I should ever decide to stand for Parliament, I would like to apologise in advance to anyone who is deeply offended, outraged or traumatised by this post. I hope this will alleviate any future opportunistic demands for my resignation.

Edmund Fifield

« Reply #81 on: November 18, 2019, 07:32:12 PM »
All that money spent on that  model railway and can't afford a COMB for his Hair ;D
Make every day a day to remember
Because this ain't no rehearsal
And you ain't coming back

mike mancott

« Reply #82 on: November 18, 2019, 07:43:21 PM »
Brilliant, Brilliant, modelling skill. A triumph. The buildings! Wow!
Rod also donated a considerable amount of money to the Railway Model Society which suffered that exhibition display break-up by mindless young yobbos.   

Peg Monkey

« Reply #83 on: November 19, 2019, 05:34:51 PM »
Sir Roderick David Stewart CBE - Inaddition to Model Railways Rod has another passion - Football, infact before his rockstar career he had a trial for Brentford FC, the grounds of his mansion has a full size soccer pitch and he regularly hosts a Sunday match, inviting his football loving friends and their families to play and dine after.
So, do you need to be a rockstar to be super-rich? J K Rowling of Harry Potter fame is worth 1billion, more than four times Rod's fortune of $240million.
Peg.
P.S. I played works football for the Salisbury Transmission Ltd team in my apprentice days, but gave it it up when I suffered a leg injury at the hands (should that be boot?) of an animal of a leftback of the opposing team one Sunday.

Edmund Fifield

« Reply #84 on: November 20, 2019, 06:51:06 PM »
I had a trial for the Aston Vlla in1956 PEG as a goalkeeper.Jimmy Eason said no

Peg Monkey

« Reply #85 on: November 21, 2019, 03:51:09 PM »
I had a trial for the Aston Vlla in1956 PEG as a goalkeeper.Jimmy Eason said no
I'm impressed, Ed, getting a trial was quite an achievement.
Is my observation accurate? - In the 60s Villa players favoured the Sutton side as a place to reside and Blues players the Solihull side. Ron Wylie, of Villa fame, was my wife's next door neighbour when she lived in Sutton and my mom's boss enjoyed a regular drink with Trevor Smith, Blues Centre Half, at The Wagon & Horses, Sheldon.
Peg.

Edmund Fifield

« Reply #86 on: November 21, 2019, 06:46:30 PM »
Villa chose Sutton for the players,their training ground moved to Bodymoor Heath from the  HP sauce ground in Erdington were I had my trial.One of the Moss Brothers was on the opposition team.

Bham because their training ground was out at Elmdon

JudithM

« Reply #87 on: November 25, 2019, 01:10:19 PM »
I'm impressed, Ed, getting a trial was quite an achievement.
Is my observation accurate? - In the 60s Villa players favoured the Sutton side as a place to reside and Blues players the Solihull side. Ron Wylie, of Villa fame, was my wife's next door neighbour when she lived in Sutton and my mom's boss enjoyed a regular drink with Trevor Smith, Blues Centre Half, at The Wagon & Horses, Sheldon.
Peg.
The Blues training ground was certainly in Solihull - just up the road from where I grew up - so it makes sense that players would live nearby.