Author Topic: Holidays and Leisure  (Read 2533 times)

Edmund Fifield

Re: Holidays and Leisure
« Reply #88 on: November 25, 2019, 03:13:35 PM »
When Trevor Smith packed up football,he had  Pub between Lichfield & Tamworth.Used to go every Friday night in the70s before Drink& Drive came on the scene.
Make every day a day to remember
Because this ain't no rehearsal
And you ain't coming back

Peg Monkey

« Reply #89 on: November 25, 2019, 06:59:48 PM »
When Trevor Smith packed up football,he had  Pub between Lichfield & Tamworth.Used to go every Friday night in the70s before Drink& Drive came on the scene.
Thanks for that info, Ed. I did not know Trevor personally but in the 60s he provided me with many a complimentary ticket, through a mutual friend, for a 6/6 seat in the stands at St Andrews, 6/6 was a lot of money then.
Peg.

Edmund Fifield

« Reply #90 on: November 25, 2019, 11:34:49 PM »
Peg didn't we do a lot of things all those years ago .

Peg Monkey

« Reply #91 on: November 26, 2019, 11:57:07 AM »
Peg didn't we do a lot of things all those years ago .
We certainly did, Ed, my football supporters memory of the 60s was taken up nearly entirely wondering if Blues were going to escape relegation that season, the end of every season seemed to be a cliff-hanger, usually everything depended on the last match, then eventually they went down and I lost interest.
Peg.

Edmund Fifield

« Reply #92 on: November 26, 2019, 04:16:26 PM »
Peg,the season I had a trial we had 2 lads in our team Dave Harling(center half ) Brilliant player & another lad Right half(can't remember his name at the moment).Dave was picked up by the Blues and the other lad by Torquay Utd.Dave at the Blues was played in every position but Centre Half so left after 2 seasons.The other lad stayed at Torquay for 8 seasons.By the way after Villa Bournemouth & Boscombe wanted me to go for a trial But my mom & dad said I was to young at 17 to leave home and would be better of as a Mechanic for Marsh & Baxters. ;D ;D

Peg Monkey

« Reply #93 on: November 27, 2019, 04:55:06 PM »
It seems all about me have either disappeared to a far flung corner of the world or are about to - New Zealand, Australia, Singapore, San Francisco - for weeks and sometimes months.
I can't see the need to spend all that time, energy and money just for a different view of the planet, on the other hand Mrs Monkey is the opposite, it's a mystery how we got together, she would have been better suited marrying an Ernest Shackleton sort - she's more than happy to spend 6 months of the year in a tent in the foothills of the Himalayas and the rest of the year in a Kibutz (I'm too lazy to check the spelling).
Peg.
P.S. I know what you are thinking Peg - the ultimate eco warrior: no travel, no carbon foot print.
P.P.S. My perspective on travel may have been influenced by my early years........