Author Topic: Park Street, Aston, mid 70s.  (Read 925 times)

MccD

Park Street, Aston, mid 70s.
« on: November 02, 2019, 01:40:47 AM »
I grew up in a back to back house on Park Street (I think 16b?) and we only got moved (by the Council) because of a devastating fire in our neighbours house (an alleyway separated our house and his). He was a known hoarder and might have accidentally started the fire which unfortunately killed him. I’m trying to find pictures of Park Street but can only find Park Lane. Are they the same? Anyone from the same area that removers the fire?

Lisa McD

Re: Park Street, Aston, mid 70s.
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2019, 01:45:10 AM »
hey - I also grew up there!

astoness

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2019, 07:45:40 PM »
park st not to be confused by park lane was off lichfield road aston...all gone now except for the vine pub that was on the corner of park st and lichfield road..closed a few years back and remains in a sorry state

lyn

MccD

« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2019, 10:24:15 PM »
I remember when they bulldozed it, can't seem to find any photos of Park St itself. I remember The Vine, my dad was a regular in there. There was a sad little shop on the corner and the owner's son was called Derek, me and my sister used to play with him and mom bought jars of cloves for our toothaches from there.

astoness

« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2019, 12:36:54 AM »
photos of this street few and far between but this one is labelled park st aston

lyn

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy