Author Topic: Death in the Quarry? Rose Hill on the Lickeys.  (Read 104 times)

Salsin

Death in the Quarry? Rose Hill on the Lickeys.
« on: November 12, 2019, 12:02:06 PM »
There is a rumour that two Boy Scouts were killed when they fell down the sheer face of the quarry at the foot of Rose Hill (opposite what was the old Bilberry Hill Tea Room and then became the building owned by the Birmingham Boys Clubs).
Sadly I have no idea when this tragic event took place, if indeed it actually happened. It might have been as far back as the 1940s or 1950s.
Does anyone perhaps remember their parents talking about this?
I am researching the long history of the 1st Lickey Scout Group and would like to establish if there is any truth to the rumour and, if so, did it involve Lickey Scouts. Or were they scouts from a different Group who just happened to be on the Lickey Hills that day.
A digital search of the Birmingham Post (via British Newspapers Online) has not revealed anything. If true, there must have been a coroner's inquest but sadly those records are not open to the public.
Can anyone throw any further light on this rumour?
Thanks in anticipation. Mike Dodman, Bromsgrove.

CherylJex

Death in the Quarry Rose Hill on the Lickeys
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2019, 04:01:14 PM »
I caught the TCM showing last night.  It was indeed a Sony owned print.  Osbourn referred to the showing as being the first time A Matter of Life and Death had screened on TCM.  Hopefully the DVD isnt too far away.

This was my first viewing of this film and I was absolutely blown away.  Tremendously emotional first 10 minutes.

Did anyone watch the Black Narcisus showing last night?  Did it have the same blue problem that the CC DVD has?

Spud

Re: Death in the Quarry? Rose Hill on the Lickeys.
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2019, 05:49:54 PM »
Hi Cheryl
I see that you are new to the Forum I am sure you will enjoy the experience . I think that perhaps you may have posted your first post on the incorrect thread and may just get overlooked, One of our Admin people may pick upon this and redirect it  but no worries. About A matter of Life or Death [or Stairway to Heaven]  I take you are referring to the David Niven 1946 vehicle. I am sure that you will easily be able to pick a DVD copy from the likes of Amazon
The Only Free Cheese is in  The Trap