Author Topic: South Road, Sparkbrook  (Read 1177 times)

Liz Storer

South Road, Sparkbrook
« on: November 17, 2019, 12:47:09 PM »
Any pictures of Moffats the builders, they had property on both side of the road.  The builders yard was at the side backing onto the canal and the wood yard and offices on the other side.  There was 2 semi detached houses next to it, one of which I lived in

Phil

• Account Closed
Re: South Road, Sparkbrook
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2019, 12:03:03 PM »
Hi Liz

Welcome to you, I'm afraid photos of South Road are scarce, If you type South Road into the search box you should come up with an image of the Woodman pub plus a few comments and memories of South Road.
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

Seabrook Bred

Re: South Road, Sparkbrook
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2020, 06:56:53 PM »
Any pictures of Moffats the builders, they had property on both side of the road.  The builders yard was at the side backing onto the canal and the wood yard and offices on the other side.  There was 2 semi detached houses next to it, one of which I lived in

I had a friend at junior school who lived just inside South Road as you turn in from Kendal Road. His house was opposite Moffat's gate as I remember. Perhaps the first house on the left looking from Montgomery Street. We used to chalk a set of wickets on Moffat's wall and play cricket by bowling from one side of the road to the other. South Road and Montgomery Street were very busy until the factories went home and then you hardly saw a car. That was around 1955-57. All the local kids used to roller skate along Montgomery street as well. It had been resurfaced after heavy use and was ideal for roller skating..

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy