Author Topic: Might need to move to Birmingham. Where should I look to rent?  (Read 6281 times)

K.M.W.

Might need to move to Birmingham. Where should I look to rent?
« on: November 19, 2019, 04:37:11 PM »
Hi everybody,
I might need to move to Birmingham for a job. I'm a single guy so I'd be looking for a room. Ideally reasonably priced and in a safe neighbourhood.
Where should I look in terms of neighbourhoods?
Thanks in advance.
EDIT: I would probably work on Wharfside Street or around that area.

Spud

Re: Might need to move to Birmingham. Where should I look to rent?
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2019, 04:40:54 PM »
Might be an idea if you could give some idea where in Birmingham your job might be.
The Only Free Cheese is in The Trap

K.M.W.

« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2019, 04:49:38 PM »
Good point. I would probably work on Wharfside Street or around that area.

Spud

« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2019, 05:08:19 PM »
That would be central Birmingham pretty expensive area fairly sure one of our members works in that area and lives in the Northfield Area but perhaps Kings Heath Harborne  Hall Green Moseley areas might suit. I would definitely avoid Saltley Alum Rock Lozells. I am sure that you will get a few responses from other members most are only to pleased to help and will have other ideas.

K.M.W.

« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2019, 05:15:10 PM »
Thank you very much for you response. I didn't expect to be able to afford living in the best parts of the city. I just want to find a place that's relatively quiet and safe so I thought it best to ask the local people so that I focus on searching in the places that fall into that category.

Spud

« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2019, 05:34:10 PM »
Pleasure to be of help. I still think Brum is a fairly safe place to live providing you take the usual precautions you would in any big City. And as for Wharfside I think you will find quite interesting from the daytime bustle of business at night it takes a a very different persona night clubs bars Music etc. Best of luck

K.M.W.

« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2019, 05:38:31 PM »
Thank you. I hadn't come with the "It's a dangerous city" position. It's just a big city, as you said so I just wanted avoid any problems I might have by consulting the people who know it. Thanks again. I hope to be able to experience it myself if everything goes well with the job.

mike mancott

« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2019, 06:50:24 PM »
Thank you. I hadn't come with the "It's a dangerous city" position. It's just a big city, as you said so I just wanted avoid any problems I might have by consulting the people who know it. Thanks again. I hope to be able to experience it myself if everything goes well with the job.

Do keep in touch.
All the best.
Mike

emerald

« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2019, 08:30:45 AM »

Stay away from rotton park road and the areas around there. Harborne or bearwood should be ok.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy