Author Topic: Centenary Sqaure Birmingham: Dissertation Questions  (Read 472 times)

Anne25

Centenary Sqaure Birmingham: Dissertation Questions
« on: February 16, 2020, 01:01:53 PM »
Hi Everyone,

I am currently collecting data for my dissertation (I'm studying Urban and Regional Planning).
I would really appreciate if you could help me by answering a couple of questions as part of my data collection. I am trying to understand what 'inclusion' means to members of the community with regard to city centre public open spaces, I am particularly focusing upon Centenary Square given it's recent regeneration!

Questions are as follows: (If you can't answer all of the questions that's fine and please let me know if you would like further clarification on anything!)

1) What does 'inclusion' mean for you?
    What do you consider an inclusive public open space to look like/include?

2) Have you visited Centenary Square since its regeneration in 2019? If so how often to you go there and for what purpose?

3) Do you consider Centenary Square to be inclusive (this can be in terms of access, physical form, social interactions, planning process, management etc)?
    How do you think it could be made more inclusive?

4) Do you think urban planners who work to develop these public open spaces are achieving inclusive outcomes? How could their work towards inclusion be improved?

Thank you in advance for your help with this, I really appreciate any feedback!
Anne.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy