Author Topic: The old fire station Aston and Harborne  (Read 588 times)

Sawrus

The old fire station Aston and Harborne
« on: April 16, 2020, 11:00:13 AM »
I know these have now been turned into accommodation, but I was rather to surprised that the old head quarters Aston, cost according to the papers around 38 million to renovate? surely the new owners would never see a profit in their life time?  Would love to have a good old gossip about them both. I used to drive by the old head quarters every day.......a very very long time ago   :)

Corby

Re: The old fire station Aston and Harborne
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2020, 09:13:09 AM »
I believe the property is owned by the university and its student accommodation. There's some modern "pods" for students in the old main area up above the engine house. The old apartments around the drill yard were all turned to offices many,many years ago and a lot of the walls were knocked through to make connecting corridors. The concrete landings were crumbling and all netted to hold them in place. Having said that, I think it was a mistake in not returning the offices back to traditional style accommodation. How much revenue could have been generated by renting apartments with secured parking in the city?

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy