Author Topic: Frederick David Butlin (don 1934ish) lived off Longmore street  (Read 1045 times)

RayRay

Hello, I'm looking for any family or people who may remember Frederick Butlin, dob 1934ish lived off Longmore street, possibly Hallam st? May have attended Hope Street school in the 40's. Supposedly moved to London to live with relatives later 50's early 60's.

Thanks for your time  :)

cocacolakid

Re: Frederick David Butlin (don 1934ish) lived off Longmore street
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2020, 10:07:27 AM »
 Hallam St was not off Longmore St, it was a fair distance from there, Hallam St was the continuation of Lincoln St. Only River St and Sherbourne Rd were off Longmore St.
                                                                                                Malc.
Every day is a gift, that's why they call it the present.

RayRay

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2020, 10:13:17 AM »
Hallam St was not off Longmore St, it was a fair distance from there, Hallam St was the continuation of Lincoln St. Only River St and Sherbourne Rd were off Longmore St.
                                                                                                Malc.

Thanks Malc. I've been trying to find maps of the area from the 50's but not having much luck.

Ray

cocacolakid

« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2020, 11:38:27 AM »
 Ray, If you type these words, street in Balsall heath 1890,   in the search box , top right of page, then click on search, then when page comes up, scroll down until you find those words on l/h side of the page, click on them and another page will come up, scroll down and you will find two street plans of areas of Balsall Heath. Between them you will find Longmore St on the first one & Hallam St on the second one, plus surrounding roads & streets.  Although it says 1890, the streets were the same when I lived in the area 1949 to 1961.   Hope this helps.

Malc.

RayRay

« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2020, 11:50:56 AM »
Thanks again Malc, really appreciate the help  :)

cocacolakid

« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2020, 12:13:01 PM »

Ray, Not sure which message you got, I wrote one, then did a bit of research & found two maps that might be useful to you, I removed my first words and re wrote about the maps & how to find them.    Did you find the maps?? Sorry for any confusion.

Malc.

RayRay

« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2020, 12:46:59 PM »
Ah, I must have read the first reply!

Brilliant, I will have a look on the maps, thank you so much!

I have a feeling it maybe Haden street that I'm looking for (only getting bits and pieces from my great aunt) but I'll be glad to look at these either way.

Thanks again, Malc. Much appreciated  :)

RayRay

« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2020, 12:51:44 PM »
Found them! Thanks again  :)

RayRay

« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2020, 07:05:29 PM »
Found the family I was seeking! Thank you for your help with the maps!!  :)

cocacolakid

« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2020, 09:49:59 AM »

Ray, Good to hear you found the family you were searching for. Hope you stay with the Forum, It is full of interesting topics.

Malc.

RayRay

« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2020, 05:59:27 PM »
I will do, thanks Malc. I'm originally from Birmingham but moved when I was 10 so hoping to look into the towns history.

Thanks again for your help.

Take care.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy