Author Topic: Birmingham Centre Completely Abandoned  (Read 1517 times)

sparkyjones

Birmingham Centre Completely Abandoned
« on: June 29, 2020, 12:32:19 PM »
Hey all, thought you brummie's may be interested in a video of made of Birmingham completely abandoned due to covid 19. I'd post the link here for you to view but it wont allow me if you search Birmingham - A city Abandoned on YouTube is should come up . I made another one as well! Hope everyone is well and adjusting back to life now that things are starting to get back to normal.

Ian Dalziel

Re: Birmingham Centre Completely Abandoned
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2020, 06:19:05 PM »
Thanks Sparky, I think this is the link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J9svrUUeIJ8 

And this interesting one followed it https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IFGLNvBMmBo
Let's make the best out of a bad situation.

Edmund Fifield

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2020, 07:10:16 PM »
DONT IT LOOK TERRIBLE  A HORRIBLE  MESS  .HAVEN'T   BEEN FOR 2 YEARS .HATED IT THE LAST TIME I WAS  THERE. GOODBYE THE  BRUM I LOVED ALL THOSE YEARS AGO

HEART BREAKING  TO SEE IT IN SUCH A MESS
Make every day a day to remember
Because this ain't no rehearsal
And you ain't coming back

emerald

« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2020, 10:23:14 AM »

Excellent video and music. That must be what the end of the world will look like if we all get wiped out by a virus.

Edmund...i used to spend all day in Brum on a Saturday going round the Bullring and Rag Market. Woolworths and the outdoor market were bustling. Great times in nightclubs in the 70's. You could get any bus from the old bus station which was in the main area.  I loved the art gallery and the science museum.
I went to see the new Bullring a few years back and never went again.

Edmund Fifield

« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2020, 12:39:40 PM »
Em,From when in my childhood I used to love to go like you into all those places,they were great Togo to.
I then started work for Marsh & Baxters in Dale End in the garage in 1955.
Every day I used to walk up into the city grab some hot potatoes for my dinner and gradually watch them pull down the lovely buildings for the rubbish they've put in their places.What a crying shame.

Good video ,ghastly buildings

Brum Walker

« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2020, 01:17:08 PM »
DONT IT LOOK TERRIBLE  A HORRIBLE  MESS  .HAVEN'T   BEEN FOR 2 YEARS .HATED IT THE LAST TIME I WAS  THERE. GOODBYE THE  BRUM I LOVED ALL THOSE YEARS AGO

HEART BREAKING  TO SEE IT IN SUCH A MESS
Brum is in a constant state of flux. Which was the Brum you loved Edmund? We've seen at least two major upheavals in the last 60 years! I lived here all my life and even I would get lost there now!

Shocking Local Authority is the problem.

I have a Birmingham address but now I live just over the boundary, in Walsall; that's even worse!

John  O0

AngeloFam

Hi I'm new
« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2020, 12:19:50 AM »
Hello everybody I'm brand new here and I just wanted to introduce myself. I hope to create a fresh cool site I visit often.

Edmund Fifield

« Reply #7 on: December 25, 2020, 09:39:34 AM »
Hi Angelo  MERRY XMAS and welcome to our great forum.Hoping you can contribute something worthwhile. O0 O0

Scipio

Re: Hi I'm new
« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2020, 08:37:27 PM »
Hello everybody I'm brand new here and I just wanted to introduce myself. I hope to create a fresh cool site I visit often.

AngeloFam Welcome enjoy your experience
If voting made any difference , they wouldn't let us do it.
Mark Twain

Scipio

« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2020, 08:43:47 PM »

Excellent video and music. That must be what the end of the world will look like if we all get wiped out by a virus.

Edmund...i used to spend all day in Brum on a Saturday going round the Bullring and Rag Market. Woolworths and the outdoor market were bustling. Great times in nightclubs in the 70's. You could get any bus from the old bus station which was in the main area.  I loved the art gallery and the science museum.
I went to see the new Bullring a few years back and never went again.

Emerald years ago we all had that experience you describe so well , with all the concrete now it's an absolute abhorrence . Back in the 60's you couldn't keep me out of town as a mod . To go there now I need to be three parts Kalied . So take it from me you're not on your own .

If voting made any difference , they wouldn't let us do it.
Mark Twain

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy