Author Topic: Brum & Covid  (Read 6387 times)

Edmund Fifield

Re: Brum & Covid
« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2021, 10:01:04 AM »
Richard Hen. I agree entirely with what your trying to say, But your language is terrible or idiotic  O0
Make every day a day to remember
Because this ain't no rehearsal
And you ain't coming back

Spud

« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2021, 09:39:58 AM »
We popped up to what we call Baby Tescos in Shirley the other day Noticed a sign reading something like Please Shop Alone or something like that Call us silly old gits if you like but after 60 years or so we like doing our shopping together . Any the enemy does not know a Chianti from a Chablis . Any way we were not stopped probably felt sorry for us.
The Only Free Cheese is in The Trap

roy one

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2021, 10:14:03 AM »
when me and the wife ;D O0  go shopping only once  has some one said one at a time this was at tesco in kiddy we just said ok we will go to a different shop and went to go 

my wife is fast going blind and i can not trust to her leave her on her own and she forgets things so i have to take her with me or get some one to look after her wile im out shopping in the last 12 months shes had two strokes       the poor chap just did not know what to say or do he was doing has he was told on the door

we was called back and let in to the shop but since no probs   this brings me back to the fact people make the area not the buildings
each day is a blessing and I bless each day when it comes

Scipio

« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2021, 06:55:28 PM »
when me and the wife ;D O0  go shopping only once  has some one said one at a time this was at tesco in kiddy we just said ok we will go to a different shop and went to go 

my wife is fast going blind and i can not trust to her leave her on her own and she forgets things so i have to take her with me or get some one to look after her wile im out shopping in the last 12 months shes had two strokes       the poor chap just did not know what to say or do he was doing has he was told on the door

we was called back and let in to the shop but since no probs   this brings me back to the fact people make the area not the buildings

Roy I'm 100% in agreement with you .
If voting made any difference , they wouldn't let us do it.
Mark Twain

SENSIBLE

« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2021, 08:53:26 AM »
Brum was smashed to bits during WW2. Whole areas were devastated by the bombing. Hardly any road or street particularly in the inner areas escaped damage. Lot's and lots of Brummies were killed or badly injured. Night after night was spent in cold and damp Anderson Shelters or brick shelters being terrified of what was happening outside.
But the vast majority of Brummies survived! and our lives became normal again after 5 years of War.

And now we have this horrible virus!
Some people are saying that it is the worst thing since WW2 - which of course is right. Some of us are terrified that we may catch it just as people were terrified in WW2.
But the vast majority of us will survive and life will again eventually go back to normal.

Brummies are strong people who deal with whatever life throws at them . I'm proud to have been born one of them O0
Let your smile change the world, but don’t let the world change your smile

Spud

« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2021, 04:26:34 PM »
Sorry if sounded Flippant about shopping alone in Tescos both the wife and I do take it seriously but we tend to shop for a months food at a time and we are getting on a bit and with the dollop  we buy it is a two man job.

Spud

« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2021, 04:41:54 PM »
West Midlands Network announce that from Monday 1st Feb anyone with a Concessionary Pass [Bus Pass] will now be able to travel FOC before 9:30 am on Buses and Trams to attend Covid Vaccination Appointments. Proof may be required. You will be allowed to travel up to 90 minutes before your appointment.

SENSIBLE

« Reply #18 on: January 30, 2021, 10:40:56 PM »
In some areas you have always had this concession. I've never understood why pensioners  have had to pay before 09.30am in the West Midlands. 

Scipio

« Reply #19 on: January 31, 2021, 06:40:54 PM »
In some areas you have always had this concession. I've never understood why pensioners  have had to pay before 09.30am in the West Midlands.

I suppose the thinking was, why would  pensioners be out and about at before 9.30Am ?
Mark Twain

SENSIBLE

« Reply #20 on: January 31, 2021, 07:27:44 PM »

I suppose the thinking was, why would  pensioners be out and about at before 9.30Am ?

Getting to hospital or doctor appointments for a start.

Scipio

« Reply #21 on: January 31, 2021, 07:45:22 PM »

Getting to hospital or doctor appointments for a start.

Sensible I doubt apps for OAP's were arranged prior to 9.30am prior Covid , emergencies would obviously take precedence
Mark Twain

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy