Author Topic: Brum & Covid  (Read 6385 times)

SENSIBLE

Re: Brum & Covid
« Reply #22 on: January 31, 2021, 08:33:17 PM »

Getting to hospital or doctor appointments for a start.

There's umpteen reasons why OAP's would want to travel before 9.30 in the morning. As well as hospital and doctor appointments, some shops, banks and other businesses are opening up first thing in a morning for an hour to allow only pensioners ( who are more at risk if they catch the virus) to do their shopping etc in order to avoid mixing with other customers and crowds.
Let your smile change the world, but don’t let the world change your smile

Scipio

« Reply #23 on: January 31, 2021, 08:38:53 PM »

There's umpteen reasons why OAP's would want to travel before 9.30 in the morning. As well as hospital and doctor appointments, some shops, banks and other businesses are opening up first thing in a morning for an hour to allow only pensioners ( who are more at risk if they catch the virus) to do their shopping etc in order to avoid mixing with other customers and crowds.

Surely that's now , they don't under normal circumstances , as much as they're here for us .
If voting made any difference , they wouldn't let us do it.
Mark Twain

netty

« Reply #24 on: February 01, 2021, 10:03:22 AM »
I think not being able to use a free oap bus pass before 9 30 am is to get people to work , and change the bus time table to day time running.l cant think of anything you can do before 9 30 that you cant do after 9 30..(except use your buss pass).Any way sensible, I couldn't imagine you sitting on a bus at 8 45 am with a load of shouting school children. ::)

pat11

« Reply #25 on: February 02, 2021, 03:19:12 PM »
In normal times OAP's can travel before 9.30 am by paying just £1, but not everybody seems to know this. Also, weekend travel before 9.30 am is free, (with the pass obviously).
Kindness is the best feature

Spud

« Reply #26 on: February 02, 2021, 05:43:46 PM »
I think that being able to use Your Bus Pass before 9:30 is a nice gesture during these Covid Times. Just take this week I had a Doctors Appointment at 9:10 am my Vaccination a couple of weeks ago was at 9:20. Not sure if this concession applies to trains. To be honest when we used to use the Train to go into town providing you reached the City Centre after 9:30 the conductor turned a blind eye. As Pat rightly says there is the £1  fare available before 9:30.
We are early risers its not unknown for us to be up and about before 7. When I was having treatment at the QE a few years ago I always went for the early appointments and with a few other sufferers was waiting for the doors to open at 7 am although treatments did not start until 8 am
The Only Free Cheese is in The Trap

Spud

« Reply #27 on: February 04, 2021, 10:41:49 AM »
Reports coming from local newspaper asking people in the Frankly Northfield and Great Park areas of Brum to get tested after the South African Variant of Covid discovered in the area. Worryingly  it cannot be traced back to any International Travel

JudithM

« Reply #28 on: March 14, 2021, 02:38:59 PM »
Reports coming from local newspaper asking people in the Frankly Northfield and Great Park areas of Brum to get tested after the South African Variant of Covid discovered in the area. Worryingly  it cannot be traced back to any International Travel
The
I know this is from a few weeks ago, but I live in the Frankley area.  They came round & offered doorstep testing, so the government must have had a big concern.

I did the test (negative), and have since had my 1st vaccine anyway, but it was a worry at the time.
"I know tomorrow's gonna taste like cake"

Edmund Fifield

« Reply #29 on: March 14, 2021, 03:31:12 PM »

You have to be very carefull nowerdays.Last week a chap knocked on the door said he was from theHelp 4 Heros selling Tablelamps .Scruffy bit of card with photo on but didn't resemble him.Told him were to go and informed police as we're all over 65 and pensioners
Make every day a day to remember
Because this ain't no rehearsal
And you ain't coming back

Scipio

« Reply #30 on: March 14, 2021, 07:17:23 PM »
The
I know this is from a few weeks ago, but I live in the Frankley area.  They came round & offered doorstep testing, so the government must have had a big concern.

I did the test (negative), and have since had my 1st vaccine anyway, but it was a worry at the time.

Judith M may I be one of the first to welcome you back , we've missed you , good post too
If voting made any difference , they wouldn't let us do it.
Mark Twain

Spud

« Reply #31 on: March 15, 2021, 08:52:25 AM »
I believe the Frankley Covid outbreak was a variant hence the concern. Missed you Judith Good to see you back
Snooks was about to start a collection!!!

JudithM

« Reply #32 on: March 15, 2021, 01:09:14 PM »
I believe the Frankley Covid outbreak was a variant hence the concern. Missed you Judith Good to see you back
Snooks was about to start a collection!!!
I think it was the South African varient.  The area does seem to have a higher case rate than most other Midlands areas, not sure why that would be, unless there are a higher proportion of people working in the care sector, I know of a few nurses who live nearby so that's a possibility.
"I know tomorrow's gonna taste like cake"

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy