Author Topic: Billesley  (Read 33044 times)

sueb

Re: Billesley
« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2008, 06:28:21 PM »
Mary - how amazing, I had a feeling that you'd have known the Russells!  Gwen was my friend and that's how I met my ex; her and her sister went to St. Pauls Grammer, as I'm sure you know, if you went there too.  Bobby lives at Barton-under-Needwood now and has 2 grown up children.  Mary lives in London, well Bromley really, and all the rest, as far as I know still live in Brum.  What a small world! 

Tramp, yes it was a farm at the corner of Coldbath Road, my ex used to get milk from there - I think?!

Mary8790

« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2008, 09:04:35 PM »
Sue - Yes I went to St. Pauls. Are you still in touch with the Russells?  Do you know if the mother is still alive?  She used to catch the bus with my mom to go to church and Frances was in my brother's school year.  I can remember Sylvia also  and Jimmy (not sure if that was his name but the youngest boy) was a friend of my other brother.  Its the way it was then everyone knew everyone not like now!

sueb

« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2008, 10:09:44 PM »
Mary - yes I'm still in touch with my ex, usually to discuss our errant grown-up kids!!  Mrs. Russell died about 8 years ago I think, unfortunately she had Alzheimers, which was such a shame because she was so intelligent and witty.  Franky lives in Trittiford Road, Sylvie is my ex's twin, Jimmy in retrospect I think lives in London, Gwen I haven't seen for about 20 years and Elizabeth (Boo) I think lives in Balsall Heath.  Do you remember the Jellys?  My ex had some interesting tales about them!

Mary8790

« Reply #14 on: June 08, 2008, 10:33:22 PM »
Sue - Sorry to hear about Mrs Russell, I know she was a good woman. No didn't know the Jellys.

Jacqueline

« Reply #15 on: June 08, 2008, 11:13:00 PM »
Sueb, We do not know the Jelly's personaly but remember the fun and games of a few years back. You cannot miss the old mans house with the english flag painted across the side of his house. ;D

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2008, 09:35:08 AM »
Is this the Jelly's house? Passed by there many a time on route to Kings Heath

Phil
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

Mary8790

« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2008, 01:36:17 PM »
Is that the house where the Jellys live?  I pass that almost every day and if there are any big football games on you can't see the house for flags and bunting.

sueb

« Reply #18 on: June 09, 2008, 07:34:30 PM »
Yes, THAT'S the Jelly's house - you certainly can't miss it can you?!!!  Every time I go past on the No.11 (or on my bike) I have a good laugh at it!  A friend of mine who lives opposite came across to tell me that she'd seen this most 'incredible' house and that she'd made her daughter drive round the island 3 times so she could have a good look at it - I realised straight away which house it was!!

Although I didn't know the Jelly's either my ex said they thought they ruled the local area and were, how shall we say, very forceful with their neighbours!!

Jacqueline

« Reply #19 on: June 09, 2008, 08:25:35 PM »
Yep, blowing up a neighbours house is just a bit forceful ;D

tramp

« Reply #20 on: June 09, 2008, 08:31:11 PM »
...and we were all brought up to think that Jellys were babies and suckers; from what has been said, it seems as though they should be spat out.....and on.

sueb

« Reply #21 on: June 09, 2008, 08:33:24 PM »
Jacqueline, I didn't hear about that one - it sounds extreme, even for them!!  What happened?

Tramp, the kids in the local area in the 50's and 60's used to call them the Jelly babies just to annoy them 'cos they were such bullies.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy