Author Topic: Does anyone remember a dealer called Smiles?  (Read 1877 times)

Andyr

Does anyone remember a dealer called Smiles?
« on: October 02, 2020, 11:37:28 AM »
Hi,

Does anyone remember a guy called Smiler/Smiles (aka Alston Huighes) who lived in Birmingham on and off from the mid 60s to early 70s?

He was a hash, latterly hash and acid dealer who was eventually involved as a major player in the 1977 Operation Julie LSD manufacturing and distribution conspiracy.

He hung out a lot with Johnny Preece, another well known Birmingham dealer (now deceased).

I am asking as I am writing, with Smiles’ full co-operation, Smiles’ biography and I’d love to hear from anyone who knew Smiles in any context whatsoever.

Many thanks

Andy

wideload

Re: Does anyone remember a dealer called Smiles?
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2020, 02:14:41 PM »

anyone who admits to being a drug dealer or helps to publicise them has no place on a public forum

Andyr

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2020, 02:21:43 PM »
Which is an opinion you are entitled to hold. The fact is that the world is full of drug dealers, both of controlled and uncontrolled drugs (nb no drug or physical item can be ‘illegal’, only actions pertaining to them and all ‘controlled’ drugs are relative to the era and geographical location they are used in- Queen Victoria used cannabis for period pains for example, when cannabis use was ‘legal’, Princess Margaret used cannabis, cocaine and LSD when they were not ‘legal’ to use). There have also been numerous books and biographies about drug dealers and fortunately it’s not illegal to read or write them. But your opinion is noted, albeit it is pointless for the purposes of my book!

Edmund Fifield

« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2020, 08:18:34 PM »
Andyr. So is the book probably
Make every day a day to remember
Because this ain't no rehearsal
And you ain't coming back

Andyr

« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2020, 08:37:44 PM »
None of my many other books have been pointless Edmund, and nor will Smiles’ biography. Thanks for your interest.

Edmund Fifield

« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2020, 11:11:06 PM »
Got no interest in Drug taking. If they want to kill themselves good luck. Poor Souls. Or idiots.
To try and make money out of drug. Taking and selling should be illegal.

And you should be ashamed of yourself for writing about dealers who should be put behind years for life. for condoning it

Spud

« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2020, 12:17:41 AM »
I doubt if Andy's book will go out to glorify the use of drugs.
The Only Free Cheese is in The Trap

wideload

« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2020, 11:44:04 AM »
Which is an opinion you are entitled to hold. The fact is that the world is full of drug dealers, both of controlled and uncontrolled drugs (nb no drug or physical item can be ‘illegal’, only actions pertaining to them and all ‘controlled’ drugs are relative to the era and geographical location they are used in- Queen Victoria used cannabis for period pains for example, when cannabis use was ‘legal’, Princess Margaret used cannabis, cocaine and LSD when they were not ‘legal’ to use). There have also been numerous books and biographies about drug dealers and fortunately it’s not illegal to read or write them. But your opinion is noted, albeit it is pointless for the purposes of my book!

Having the ability to be an author also gives you the ability to twist words, millions of people have tried drugs including myself to no ill effects but they cause some people a hell of a lot of misery and when you see it near to home it makes hate anything connected to drugs or anything that profits vrom them including writing books about them.

Andyr

« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2020, 05:05:32 PM »
Thanks for naive and pointless comments about a subject you know nothing about. I believe they call what you are doing ‘trolling’!

Edmund Fifield

« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2020, 06:25:49 PM »
Andyr. Try not to be so naive yourself. When your sort start to take these drugs and one kills someone they always come out with the same answer. IT'S THE FIRST TIME HE'S TAKEN IT. What a load of tosh What did Smiles die of a broken heart.Buy the way, don't  want to know anything about drugs they might not agree with me

Andyr

« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2020, 07:03:55 PM »
Smiles isn’t dead fortunately. Your naive attempts at talking about drugs only serve to demonstrate your embarrasung ignorance on the subject and your attempts to antagonise me only have me in fits of laughter. Might I respectfully suggest you stop showing yourself up and trot off to watch something more suited to your intelligence, like Britain’s Got Talent. Otherwise I’ll ask the administrators to stop you posting your ill informed, unevidenced opinions on this post, which was solely to ask if anyone remembers Smiles and not to dredge the bottom if the barrel to see hiw many ignorant people there are out there. i’m only too well aware of that, but thanks for the reminder!

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy