Author Topic: Wheeleys Road  (Read 121 times)

Tarango

Wheeleys Road
« on: October 17, 2020, 08:23:22 PM »
Hello,
I am not sure where this post will end up but......
I am looking for any information on or about Oliver Watson who lived in Wheeleys Road, Edgbaston between the 1940s until the house was knocked down around 1972. He would have been about 40odd in the 1940s.
It was a house of multiple occupation.
The only other information we have is that his occupation was put down as aircraft engineer or supervisor.  Were there any airplane factories around that area in the 1940s?
Any information would be gratefully received
Thank you for reading. X

Scipio

Re: Wheeleys Road
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2020, 08:43:29 PM »
Hello,
I am not sure where this post will end up but......
I am looking for any information on or about Oliver Watson who lived in Wheeleys Road, Edgbaston between the 1940s until the house was knocked down around 1972. He would have been about 40odd in the 1940s.
It was a house of multiple occupation.
The only other information we have is that his occupation was put down as aircraft engineer or supervisor.  Were there any airplane factories around that area in the 1940s?
Any information would be gratefully received
Thank you for reading. X

Tarango welcome I hope you enjoy the forum , my only claim to fame with Wheeleys Road , first and foremost was the murder of Stephanie Baird by Patrick Joseph Byrne . Happier things was my mother was employed as a cleaner by a doctor  . Spitfire works in Castle Bromwich or thereabouts I think
If voting made any difference , they wouldn't let us do it.
Mark Twain

Tarango

Re: Wheeleys Road
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2020, 02:09:32 PM »
Hello Scipio,

Thank you for the welcome  :) .

I have to admit, I googled the murder on Wheeley's Road .... how horrible  :(
I did find on this forum on a post about the murder, someone said their mother ran a boarding house close to the YWCA - this could be where Oliver Watson was.
Are we able to contact other members? He hasn't been active since2015.....

Many thanks
T