Author Topic: Great Russell street  (Read 916 times)

Simon G

Great Russell street
« on: November 25, 2020, 11:51:57 AM »
Hi All, I'm new to the site and hope that someone may help, I lived in Great Russell st. 1958 - 1962 and I'm trying to find the location of the yard I lived in at no 10/48. Any help or pointers would be gratefully received. Thank you.

mikejee

Re: Great Russell street
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2020, 01:40:58 PM »
Here is map showing the house between New John St West and Brearly St

Scipio

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2020, 07:11:04 PM »
Hi All, I'm new to the site and hope that someone may help, I lived in Great Russell st. 1958 - 1962 and I'm trying to find the location of the yard I lived in at no 10/48. Any help or pointers would be gratefully received. Thank you.

Welcome Simon G I hope you enjoy the forum
If voting made any difference , they wouldn't let us do it.
Mark Twain

Simon G

« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2020, 10:14:00 AM »
Thank you for the welcome Scipio and thank you to Mikejee for the map and location...!!! I don't know how you did it but spot on with the location. I used to sit on our doorstep watch and wait to see my Dad walk up the entry coming home from work. I went to St. Chads school in Brearly St. and then on to St Chads junior school in Shadwell St. attached to the Cathedral. [/size]I remember going to the public wash baths in George St. with my dad and my brother, 1/6d for 2 towels and a slice of soap.  Thank you again, stirred some fond memories.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy