Author Topic: the bull head pritchett street.  (Read 1467 times)

wales

the bull head pritchett street.
« on: June 11, 2008, 12:20:33 PM »
hi all.  thought you may like  this pic of the bulls head pritchett street newtown. the building is still there as it is grade c listed but unfortunately it is now used a some sort of factory. wales.

Mary8790

Re: the bull head pritchett street.
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2008, 10:36:29 PM »
I used to go in the Bulls Head a lot during the 70s when I worked at Newtown so it was good to see the picture of it.

wales

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2008, 11:01:09 PM »
glad you liked the pic mary. where about did you work. ive got a few pics of newtown. wales

Mary8790

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2008, 11:12:39 PM »
Hi Wales.  I worked at Lloyds Bank in the Newtown shopping centre for 12 years.

wales

« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2008, 05:58:42 AM »
hi mary. i have had a quick look but cant find any related pics yet. going on me hols for a week tomorrow so i will continuing looking when i get back. i remember the old shopping centre very well. my sister used to run a sweet stall in the round market. then later on she worked at super cigs at bit further down. wales

Phil

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2008, 04:13:01 PM »
Hi wales,

my personal recollections of the Bulls Head are two fold, I remember getting pie eyed in there Christmas time of 63 when we spent our dinner hour in there before the Christmas break when I worked at J.A.Ryley on Newtown Row.

My second memory is of the mid sixties when I used to ride shotgun on valuable loads of scrap that we used to run to (copper during the Rhodesia crisis)J Broadhurst in Prichett St. We always called into the Bull for Dinner a pint of shandy and one of the delicious sandwitches that you could always get from there. I have never seen so many bagged sandwiches waiting to be sold.  There must have been hundreds stacked up, and by the end of the dinner time session they were all gone.

Phil
Make Love Not War