Author Topic: Christmas 2020  (Read 5300 times)

Peg Monkey

Re: Christmas 2020
« Reply #22 on: December 14, 2020, 01:17:53 AM »
Is it possible sex discrimination laws are being broken at The North Pole? :-[
Peg
It's far better to look back on a rejection rather than a lost opportunity.

Peg Monkey

« Reply #23 on: December 14, 2020, 11:41:13 AM »
How are you celebrating Christmas? Me and Mrs M with our close relatives on a couple of days (3 households) but I'm far from happy, wimping to family pressure, a spike after Christmas is inevitable :-[
Advice includes: immediate handwash for guests on arrival, no embracing, no pulling crackers together, windows wide open, keep your distance and limit your time together (not a fan of after dinner charades and games so that's no hardship).
Stay well.
Peg

emerald

« Reply #24 on: December 14, 2020, 07:48:24 PM »

Peg.. merry christmas and a happy and healthy new year to you and Mrs M.  O0

Why are you in Old Birmingham? Is it coz u is old?  ;D

Are you elf isolating?

emerald

« Reply #25 on: December 14, 2020, 07:49:22 PM »

Am going back into the light. I.e. my post.  8)

Peg Monkey

« Reply #26 on: December 14, 2020, 08:16:00 PM »
Peg.. merry christmas and a happy and healthy new year to you and Mrs M.  O0
Thanks Em, same to you and yours. O0
Peg

Peg Monkey

« Reply #27 on: December 14, 2020, 08:20:51 PM »
Why are you in Old Birmingham? Is it coz u is old?  ;D
Good question Em, I've previously started the threads Christmas 2018 and Christmas 2019 under Old Birmingham cos in truth I didn't know wot I was doing, if I had my time again I think I'd choose The Lounge.
Peg

Peg Monkey

« Reply #28 on: December 14, 2020, 08:23:08 PM »
Are you elf isolating?
Sort of, I was going to touch on elf abuse but I thought it would be censored :-[
Peg

Peg Monkey

« Reply #29 on: December 15, 2020, 10:09:42 AM »
Help! - any Tia Maria gurus out there? Had a Morrison's home delivery last night (spent a fortune on Christmas stuff we'll probably never eat - freezer's bulging) where was I? Oh yes - anyway, splashed out on a bottle of Tia Maria, haven't bought one for years amd the bottle has changed - it's got a tag on saying NEW LOOK SAME RECIPE and on the bottle:
COLD BREW COFFEE LIQUEUR WITH VANILLA AND 100% ARAICA.
Have I ordered some ponsy youngster's variant by mistake?
I don't want to take it back until I'm sure it not the same - I look a right lemon enough times as it is. :-[
Stay virus free.
Peg

Peg Monkey

« Reply #30 on: December 19, 2020, 02:56:22 PM »
Well hung, Sir? Was the greeting the attractive sales assistant issued as I approached the butchery counter at my local supermarket. I was lost for words for a few seconds and then, gripped by anxiety - Had I failed to get dressed properly following a recent visit to the in-store WC? Following a short guarded conversation, and with a sense of both relief and disappointment, I realised the assistant was making a sales pitch for the newly arrived Mature 3 week hung beef fillet.
Turkey has fallen out of favour  with the Monkey Household in recent years and this Christmas Chateau Briand takes pride of place as the main course on Christmas Day.
So how much does a full beef fillet set you back these days? 90 squid.
Peg

Peg Monkey

« Reply #31 on: December 20, 2020, 12:45:34 AM »
Something to watch out for over the next few days: The Great Conjunction: The alignment of the two largest planets in The Solar System: Saturn and Jupiter, getting ever closer aligned until perfect alignment on 21st December when there luminosity combines to make them look like a star.
So wots all this got to do with the price of fish or, more specifically, The Christmas 2020 Thread? The event is called The Christmas Star, some believe this is what the 3 Wisemen saw when travelling to Bethlehem.
Peg
P.S. Don't expect something very spectacular, the distances involved means the Great Conjunction still only looks like a pinhead of light in the night sky.
P.P.S. Sorry, can't tell you where to look, but Google Gt Conjunction and you'll get directions.

Peg Monkey

« Reply #32 on: December 20, 2020, 12:58:48 AM »
Not entirely unexpected - the news today: Covid-19 Rules will be relaxed for, not 5 days, but 1 - Christmas Day.  Me and Mrs M were due to host a 3 household get together on the 27th (the last day of the 5 day period), we've got a freezer full of festive fare and countless naughty goodies - bad news for our diets. :-[ :-[ :-[
Stay virus-free, it's only by following the rules we're gonna beat this bitch of a threat.
Peg
P.S. Cracked open the new bottle of Tia Maria reserved for the 27th before the PM had finished addressing the nation. O0

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy