Author Topic: Christmas 2020  (Read 5303 times)

Peg Monkey

Re: Christmas 2020
« Reply #33 on: December 20, 2020, 08:13:32 PM »
Me and Mrs M met at a New Year's Eve Dance at The Top Rank, Dale End 1969, she thought I was a dead ringer for 60s heartthrob Scot Walker, they say love is blind.
I've kept the ticket stub all these years.......
Peg
No 1 hit Dec 1969: I'm leaving on a jet plane: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SneCkM0bJq0
It's far better to look back on a rejection rather than a lost opportunity.

Peg Monkey

« Reply #34 on: December 22, 2020, 01:01:56 AM »
This will certainly be a Christmas we will all remember, for the wrong reasons :-[ :-[ :-[ ...........
Peg

mw0njm

« Reply #35 on: December 23, 2020, 07:16:27 AM »
wishing you all a merry christmas, and a happy new year

Peg Monkey

« Reply #36 on: December 23, 2020, 02:24:55 PM »
White knuckle ride Part 1.
It was one of those days when the most appropriate type of trousers would have been brown corduroy. I was living near Sutton Park at the time and commuting to Mayflower Vehicle System, Coventry, usually via the M6 at Castle Bromwich, on a good day it took about an hour. It was Friday approaching Christmas 1995 and a lunchtime finish. There had been light snow and I'd got to work OK but at hometime I emerged to deep snow.
The M6 was OK and I had the choice of two routes home, the first to retrace my steps but I decided to take the second which was to leave the M6 early, proceed past Hams Hall, then passed the Belfry where I could have continued on the main road to Basset's Pole, making a left onto the Tamworth Rd, but I made a bad call. I made a left just after The Belfry into Ox Leys Rd, a country lane that leads to the Anvil Pub, near Falcon Lodge. Anybody with any sense had avoided that road that morning and the snow was deep, but I proceeded at a snail's pace and I was OK, until I reached a steep downward slope.
Continued.......

Peg Monkey

« Reply #37 on: December 23, 2020, 02:37:09 PM »
White knuckle ride Part 2.
I knew a challenge lay ahead as I started to make my descent, halfway down the hill, in second gear, the bottom of the hill came into view, where it made a sharp turn to the left. I started to brake early but instantly the brakes locked and I lost steering. For a few anxious moments I slid gracefully down the hill, the wide wheels on my XR3i sledging on top of the soft snow.
If I didn't make the bend I would have gone over a ditch, through a fence and into a field, probably not injured but my car would have been badly damaged.
That was particularly bad news because it had only been a matter of months  since my previous XR3i had been written off by a Parcel Force van crossing my path.
I was well down the hill now and resigned to my fate: ploughed field-bound  when suddenly at the bottom of the hill my front wheels found a bit of clear road, just enough for me to negotiate the bend, my sigh of relief may well have been heard in the city.
Peg

Peg Monkey

« Reply #38 on: December 24, 2020, 12:53:06 AM »
.......Turkey has fallen out of favour  with the Monkey Household in recent years and this Christmas Chateau Briand takes pride of place as the main course on Christmas Day......
.... but I'm a traditionalist when it comes to desert - Christmas Pud and brandy sauce every time, unless creme brulee is also on the menu, then ah.......?
Peg

Peg Monkey

« Reply #39 on: December 24, 2020, 09:36:26 PM »
Breaking News......The Big Guy is almost ready to rock and roll......
Peg

emerald

« Reply #40 on: December 24, 2020, 10:07:53 PM »

Santa has seven reindeer.  O0

Peg Monkey

« Reply #41 on: December 24, 2020, 11:15:31 PM »
Santa has seven reindeer.  O0
Sorry to have to correct you, Em: 8: Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Donner and Blitzen.
Peg
P.S. Merry Christmas.

Peg Monkey

« Reply #42 on: December 25, 2020, 12:09:58 AM »
All Forum Members - Have a Great Virus-Free Christmas Day
Peg

emerald

« Reply #43 on: December 25, 2020, 09:19:59 AM »

Sorry to have to CORRECT you Peg....   there are 9 reindeer. You forgot Rudolph ;D

Happy Christmas  O0

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy