Author Topic: Moving to winson green?  (Read 2080 times)

Edmund Fifield

Re: Moving to winson green?
« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2021, 11:04:26 AM »
WINSON GREENS GOT A BIG PRISON 8) 8)
Make every day a day to remember
Because this ain't no rehearsal
And you ain't coming back

Leeds in brum

« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2021, 12:25:46 PM »
Not the kind of accommodation I was looking for tbf, that big fence will give me the same problems ross McCormack had when he said his garden fence was to high to scale so had to miss training for a few days.  ;D

netty

« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2021, 06:34:26 PM »
Sorry to hear that, hope things work out for you. Let us know how you get on. Btw I think there is more history between Leeds and Birmingham City than Aston Villa, so I'm told

Scipio

« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2021, 07:32:20 PM »
Anyone out there or is this forum dead?

No we're not dead at at all , I've just noticed you post ,may I ask a question with all the moving around you seemed to have done . Were you serving time at Her Majesty's Pleasure ? My wife was born and bred in Winson Green ,after we got married we lived there for five years . Another question why question the safety , surely you should be asking about access to shops neighbours . Your questions intrigue me
If voting made any difference , they wouldn't let us do it.
Mark Twain

Leeds in brum

« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2021, 07:04:15 PM »

No we're not dead at at all , I've just noticed you post ,may I ask a question with all the moving around you seemed to have done . Were you serving time at Her Majesty's Pleasure ? My wife was born and bred in Winson Green ,after we got married we lived there for five years . Another question why question the safety , surely you should be asking about access to shops neighbours . Your questions intrigue me

I have served time as a child, I'm 38 now....about 4 years ago I had a relationship breakdown that resulted in my ex disappearing with my kid to some new city of someone she had met on a dating site......this all resulted in me losing my marbles, doing drugs, being suicidal and a bunch of other stuff.

The move to bristol was to be in a rehab type place and get clean from drugs which I did, moving to blackpool was a bad idea, it's not the place I remember as a kid....is cold, run down and is making me miserable which in turn is making me feel like my mental health is declining again.

The move to winson green is to be in a supported hostel type place where they will help me build on the good changes I've made etc and rehouse me when I'm ready rather than me rushing into it like I have coming to Blackpool.

As for my questions about winson green, I havent asked about the neighbor's because I plan on keeping to myself mostly, I will talk to people in the hostel and anyone that talks to me but based off what I have seen in the media etc, I just want to know Its an area i can walk to a bookies, chicken shop or supermarket without getting shot for being an out of towner or something.

I'm thinking about what a leeds estate can be like if your face isnt known and trying to find out if Birmingham is the same.......a town centre is a town centre, they are all the same, when trying to find out about winson green Google mostly comes up with news about the prison.

other than a gun getting let off somewhere on Dudley rd at a street party and a few stabbings on summerfield park?.....theres not actually that much bad news coming back to me other than its dirty, rubbish on the streets etc.

Between this forum and another brum city one I have got mostly positive feedback....aslong as my living space is safe I reckon I will get by with the rest....im thinking, find a gym and buy a push iron for that canal commute and then look for ways to stay busy once life is back to normal.

Scipio

« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2021, 07:41:08 PM »

I have served time as a child, I'm 38 now....about 4 years ago I had a relationship breakdown that resulted in my ex disappearing with my kid to some new city of someone she had met on a dating site......this all resulted in me losing my marbles, doing drugs, being suicidal and a bunch of other stuff.

The move to bristol was to be in a rehab type place and get clean from drugs which I did, moving to blackpool was a bad idea, it's not the place I remember as a kid....is cold, run down and is making me miserable which in turn is making me feel like my mental health is declining again.

The move to winson green is to be in a supported hostel type place where they will help me build on the good changes I've made etc and rehouse me when I'm ready rather than me rushing into it like I have coming to Blackpool.

As for my questions about winson green, I havent asked about the neighbor's because I plan on keeping to myself mostly, I will talk to people in the hostel and anyone that talks to me but based off what I have seen in the media etc, I just want to know Its an area i can walk to a bookies, chicken shop or supermarket without getting shot for being an out of towner or something.

I'm thinking about what a leeds estate can be like if your face isnt known and trying to find out if Birmingham is the same.......a town centre is a town centre, they are all the same, when trying to find out about winson green Google mostly comes up with news about the prison.

other than a gun getting let off somewhere on Dudley rd at a street party and a few stabbings on summerfield park?.....theres not actually that much bad news coming back to me other than its dirty, rubbish on the streets etc.

Between this forum and another brum city one I have got mostly positive feedback....aslong as my living space is safe I reckon I will get by with the rest....im thinking, find a gym and buy a push iron for that canal commute and then look for ways to stay busy once life is back to normal.

Leedsinbrum There was no reason to go into so much detail . A simple yes or no would have done , thanks for your honesty and may I say I wish you well in your new venture . I lived in Lees St just off Lodge Rd 1972-76 , I never had any trouble ,the people around were just good neighbours . Good luck to you
If voting made any difference , they wouldn't let us do it.
Mark Twain

Leeds in brum

« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2021, 08:20:30 AM »

Leedsinbrum There was no reason to go into so much detail . A simple yes or no would have done , thanks for your honesty and may I say I wish you well in your new venture . I lived in Lees St just off Lodge Rd 1972-76 , I never had any trouble ,the people around were just good neighbours . Good luck to you

Aye I went a bit deep there tbf, thanks for the info though.

Leeds in brum

« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2021, 08:26:23 AM »
I do have a question about Birmingham in general though...

What is the heavy metal scene like there, is there still one?....my research has found a pub called scruffy Murphy's which sounds like my kind of place plus I know most big bands when even only doing small uk tours, usually have a brum gig.

For me, because of black sabbath, brum is the birthplace of metal so I was wondering if a scene of any kind still exists there, shops selling metal merchandise etc.

vamann

« Reply #19 on: January 11, 2021, 10:11:53 AM »
I do have a question about Birmingham in general though...

What is the heavy metal scene like there, is there still one?....my research has found a pub called scruffy Murphy's which sounds like my kind of place plus I know most big bands when even only doing small uk tours, usually have a brum gig.

For me, because of black sabbath, brum is the birthplace of metal so I was wondering if a scene of any kind still exists there, shops selling metal merchandise etc.
Unfortunately living in Cornwall and being one of the older generation I really can’t answer your questions, however good luck with your move.

Leeds in brum

« Reply #20 on: January 11, 2021, 10:13:52 AM »
Unfortunately living in Cornwall and being one of the older generation I really can’t answer your questions, however good luck with your move.

Cheers pal

Edmund Fifield

« Reply #21 on: January 11, 2021, 10:36:23 AM »
DO YOU NOT REALISE ALL PUBS ARE CLOSED. SO NO HEAVY METAL.

OR ARE YOU ONE OF THE TYPE THAT DEFIE  THE LAWS  ON LOCKDOWN.
Make every day a day to remember
Because this ain't no rehearsal
And you ain't coming back

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy