Author Topic: Ballroom, Reservoir Road  (Read 624 times)

LesBooth

Ballroom, Reservoir Road
« on: March 17, 2021, 04:41:09 PM »
HI
Can anyone help to identify the name of a ballroom in Reservoir Road (+ any photo's anywhere)
We used to go dancing there in the early 70's, something like a 15 piece band and a trio, stage would revolve on the hour to the tune of Moon River and before you knew it you were listening to the trio not the band.
Thanks
Les

Scipio

Re: Ballroom, Reservoir Road
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2021, 06:32:39 PM »
HI
Can anyone help to identify the name of a ballroom in Reservoir Road (+ any photo's anywhere)
We used to go dancing there in the early 70's, something like a 15 piece band and a trio, stage would revolve on the hour to the tune of Moon River and before you knew it you were listening to the trio not the band.
Thanks
Les

LesBooth Welcome to the Forum , I think you'll find it was the Tower Ballroom , if you put Tower Ballroom in the search box top right ,I'm sure you'll get some pics
If voting made any difference , they wouldn't let us do it.
Mark Twain

LesBooth

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2021, 11:10:00 PM »
THAT'S the badger - very many thanks - many happy memories

Scipio

« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2021, 06:05:43 PM »
THAT'S the badger - very many thanks - many happy memories

LesBooth I hope you might tell the forum about your times at The Tower , I'm sure there are a few members that have been there during their younger days
If voting made any difference , they wouldn't let us do it.
Mark Twain

Des Gardner

« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2021, 01:03:06 AM »
I am sure in my day late 50s early 60s it was called the Gay Tower, I dont know why....the Name was changed to The Tower in later years...

Tjarnie

« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2021, 04:58:53 PM »
Yes, it used to be called the Gay Tower Ballroom. Possibly changed to just the Tower when Gay came to have a different meaning. My dad used to play in the big band on occasions, double bass.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy