Author Topic: George Heath Motors  (Read 234 times)

Dockgreen

George Heath Motors
« on: November 30, 2021, 04:59:38 PM »
Hi, I worked at George Heath Motors in 1972, initially on the commercial reception and then car reception, I have memories of driving what was then some fast cars and because we were right next door to the Chrysler factory also got to drive some of the big Yankee cars...also driving some commercials like the Dodge and the Commer 2 stroke the breaker at the time was a Dodge with  Cummins engine, boy did it smoke when cold, be interested to see if anyone else has memories from around this time.

Edmund Fifield

Re: George Heath Motors
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2021, 05:42:31 PM »
Got many Commer spares from there from 57-65 I worked for Marsh &, Baxters we had40 Commer 30 cwt vans so needed plenty of spare parts
Make every day a day to remember
Because this ain't no rehearsal
And you ain't coming back

Gwladmab

« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2021, 06:23:11 PM »
Welcome to the forum Dockgreen. I do remember George Heath Motors.

At the time you were there, I worked between Cooks Lane Garage, Tile Cross and Cateswell Lodge Garage, Hall Green as an Apprentice Mechanic. I would have called in there for spares. I also had a friend who’s father worked at George Heath, in the late 60’s early 70’s in car sales.

Is the building still standing these days? I seem to remember it was a large site back in the day.

Charlie cheek

« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2021, 07:35:36 PM »
My brother in law worked there as a mechanic about 1968 until mid seventies.
Its long gone Gw guess what its a super market now.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy