Author Topic: St Margarets Idiot Colony - Great Barr  (Read 10171 times)

kelama

Re: St Margarets Idiot Colony - Great Barr
« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2008, 03:48:02 PM »
Anyone remember the name of Jack Nicholson's adversary in the flick " One Flew over the Cuckoo's Nest"?

Langstraat

« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2008, 10:12:22 PM »
Anyone remember the name of Jack Nicholson's adversary in the flick " One Flew over the Cuckoo's Nest"?
It was: Nurse Ratched (Louise Fletcher) a brilliant movie.
Never argue with an idiot, they'll drag you down to their level and try to beat you with experience.

Duffy

« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2008, 09:52:05 AM »
no I'm sorry, I don't think so...it was so long ago now...I just vaguely remember getting there and meeting the others from my nursing group and it must have been a quick tour round as I can't remember anything.

your question brings to mind an episode of Torchwood in the last year...where they were in an old hospital and saw 'ghosts' [don't know if you saw it]
it was a sort of time warp and something needed to be resolved with a patient I think.
Good episode.

Thanks anyway Mazbeth......  A recurring theme that has come up in speaking with staff members was the suggestion that peculiar happenings - i.e. of a ghostly nature - were 'rife' in the hospital - so much so that no one really paid them any heed after a while...... 

A visit to the site last night revealed that a few of the outbuildings are still - barely - standing, the isolation block near the church, stables area, etc, while the bulk of the site is now gone.  Great Barr Hall itself is currently swathed in scaffolding and guarded, most efficiently, by two immense German shepherd dogs!!!

Re. Torchwood - I must admit that my main reason for watching is Gwen Cooper (actress Eve Myles), so the actual plot evades me at times!!!  Laugh!!!

Seriously though, I do recall the episode you refer to......  While a fan, I believe the show would be immensely better without the constant - and completely un-called-for - references to sex...........

Regards,

Nick
www.westmidlandsghostclub.com

mazbeth

« Reply #14 on: July 13, 2008, 02:19:40 PM »
oh yes, I know what you mean...and he is so handsome as well  :(

still the plots are good
Let those that love us, love us. And those that don't, may God turn their hearts. And, if He cannot turn their hearts, May He turn their ankles so we may know them by their limping!- Irish blessing

Duffy

« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2008, 07:37:05 PM »
Some people are so predictable!!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D  But, yes, he is exceptionally good looking, I must admit!!!

Regards,

Nick :D

mazbeth

« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2008, 06:05:13 PM »
well I am sorry  :D but I think gay men mean less for single women [not that I am, but I was]
and if I had seem John thingammy around then, like Catherine Tate on last night's Doctor Who [which I watched for the 2nd time as it was so good], I would have taken a 2nd and a 3rd look at him  ;D
Let those that love us, love us. And those that don't, may God turn their hearts. And, if He cannot turn their hearts, May He turn their ankles so we may know them by their limping!- Irish blessing

Duffy

« Reply #17 on: July 15, 2008, 09:53:45 PM »
There are a number of us chaps around who command 2nd, 3rd and sometimes 'more' stares from passers-by purely due to our looks Mazbeth......

Sadly, unlike Mr Barrowman, the stares I receive are usually followed by a horrified: 'what in gods name is that......???' ;D ;D ;D

Regards,

Nick
www.westmidlandsghostclub.com 

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy