Author Topic: doe the b/ham accent make us sound thick  (Read 28613 times)

john2000

Re: doe the b/ham accent make us sound thick
« Reply #143 on: September 10, 2008, 11:07:04 AM »
Phill... Yes thats very true about the girls coming into town and getting off at the Midland red bus depot, I had to do a ghoster one Saturday night, ( Work all night to complete a contract,) and about 5.am I was dead on my feet, so I went for a tea at the depot, a girl/woman was sitting alone, at one of the tables,away from the drunks, and tramps, I thought nothing of it, till she came over to sit by me, she was telling me she had come down from Manchester to find a new life, ( her whole life was in a large shopping bag,) she had been there since 2.am and no where to go, could I help her, she was willing to do some services for me, if I wanted, ... my mind went wild, I have never been offed anything like that, a young mans dream...I was in, I had the cherry from the top of the cake....but sitting there looking at her I tought, its not me she needs, its help, and she is desperate, .have you any money I asked, no she said, and you've been here since 2.am this morning, yes she said,. ok come with me, so she picked up her life in the shopping bag, and just down the road by the bull ring was a small hotel, ( dirty place, mainly for drop outs,) but it was clean, I gave her 5 pounds and told her to look after herself, and to get to an area called Harbourne, ( at that time it was a nice area,) she may be able to find a life there, what about the money she asked, give me back next time you see me.....

This is very true, because for years later, I always thought about how she may have gone if she had found some pimp from Balsall Heath...

I think it was 5 pounds well spent....J2

Growing old is mandatory..........Growing up is optional

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #144 on: September 10, 2008, 02:02:36 PM »
John

Between 63 and 68, I met many such young girls and having my own bedsit (couldn't afford flats in those days). I often put some of them up for a couple of days. I would give up my bed and sleep on the floor, I was even a fool in those days. (not always).

Most times after a few days they would drift back off home to wherever it was they came from. Sometimes not, I would often see one or two of them years later in some of the less savoury places that I used to frequent, and I suppose the best description of them at that stage would be "working girl" It could be embarrassing at times especially if I was with my wife.

Phil
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

tramp

« Reply #145 on: September 10, 2008, 06:43:50 PM »
I'm pleased to read that I didn't offend by calling you MM - short names are best as they're covenient, and we tend not to forget them either.

tramp  - this isn't just my forum name - it's my vocation

mysterymermaid

« Reply #146 on: September 10, 2008, 07:40:07 PM »
Thats frightening to think youngsters just turned up in city's without knowing where they are going its unthinkable what a frightening situation to be in :(

Yes Tramp my username is far too long for general use on forums so its always shortened to MM or my christian name. :)

roy one

• Global Moderator
« Reply #147 on: February 06, 2009, 05:56:52 PM »
 iv put a post up so that any one can conpare the two
each day is a blessing and I bless each day when it comes

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy