Author Topic: Birmingham Silver Blades Ice Rink  (Read 12834 times)

Ray Harrison

Re: Birmingham Silver Blades Ice Rink
« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2014, 08:59:16 PM »
Suef, Harry still skates in senior ranks , he now lives in Sydney and has a great life. He comes to Europe quite often and skis and skates in France /Holland.
BUD

Suef

« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2014, 09:45:47 PM »
Suef, Harry still skates in senior ranks , he now lives in Sydney and has a great life. He comes to Europe quite often and skis and skates in France /Holland.

Say hi to him.  Don't think he will remember me (sue fair).  I have a photo of him somewhere ??

Joy

« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2015, 10:20:34 AM »
Dear Bud
Sorry but I have only just started looking at this website. Apologies for taking sooo long! I used to go out with your Harry. Many years ago in the 70s. I met him at silver blades. He picked me up when I fell over! Such a gentleman. His friend, sorry can't remember his name, went out with my friend, Beverley. He packed her in and she asked me to pack Harry in! Oh the silliness of youth. It hurt me. I used to think how horrid I was then. However, I am happy that Harry has led a happy life. I have always wished him well. I have a lovely life but I have fond memories of my time with Harry.

[email protected]

« Reply #14 on: December 10, 2016, 05:20:35 PM »
I was a close friend of Harry and a member of Mohawks.
Phil Alexander

townie

« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2016, 06:40:59 PM »

Dear Bud
Sorry but I have only just started looking at this website. Apologies for taking sooo long! I used to go out with your Harry. Many years ago in the 70s. I met him at silver blades. He picked me up when I fell over! Such a gentleman. His friend, sorry can't remember his name, went out with my friend, Beverley. He packed her in and she asked me to pack Harry in! Oh the silliness of youth. It hurt me. I used to think how horrid I was then. However, I am happy that Harry has led a happy life. I have always wished him well. I have a lovely life but I have fond memories of my time with Harry.

Joy nice of you to be honest. Typical of the 70s me and a lot did the same.
Was it a vision, or a waking dream?

Bil

« Reply #16 on: December 13, 2016, 01:10:52 PM »
D.J'd there a few Sunday nites until my m8 got us the sack for playing Band of gold to many times when it first came out. (1971 ?).People kept asking for it,the manager said he would sack us if we played it again. We played it. He sacked us !!!

Steve

« Reply #17 on: December 13, 2016, 04:50:15 PM »
Maybe he was the only one who didn't like the song. ;D
Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.

sneaves

« Reply #18 on: December 13, 2016, 07:31:54 PM »
I remember the ice rink. My then boyfriend and now husband didn't want to go because he thought he might all. I said no-one ever really hurt themselves ice skating. So we went and I was the one who ended up at Selly Oak Hospital with a broken arm!!

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #19 on: December 13, 2016, 08:39:20 PM »
Hi sneaves,

Isn't that usually the way, why Selly Oak, The Accident and The General hospitals would have been much nearer surely?
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy