Author Topic: Tower Ballroom  (Read 30226 times)

Mary8790

Re: Tower Ballroom
« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2008, 04:55:47 PM »
Hi Fred.  Now I've got you worried!!!  What's the matter with your mate, he looks like he's nodded off, was it the good company? 

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2008, 05:03:40 PM »
Phil,
he didn't like the flash on the canera. :o

Fred

A good story, I've got lots of pictures of me looking like that and they were taken in daylight. Whilst we are on the subject what was your hand doing on that young ladies knee. Its a good job her mother didn't come up behind you.

Phil
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

mazbeth

« Reply #13 on: August 03, 2008, 09:17:21 PM »
Frederick - you was a handsome geezer  ;)
[and she was a pretty lady on your knee....ahhh the past...]
Let those that love us, love us. And those that don't, may God turn their hearts. And, if He cannot turn their hearts, May He turn their ankles so we may know them by their limping!- Irish blessing

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #14 on: August 03, 2008, 10:14:39 PM »
Mazbeth

If I was Fred I would take exception to "you was a handsome geezer". Are you inferring that he's an ugly old sod now?

Phil
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

mazbeth

« Reply #15 on: August 03, 2008, 11:14:43 PM »
Mazbeth

If I was Fred I would take exception to "you was a handsome geezer". Are you inferring that he's an ugly old sod now?

Phil
how would I know?  ;D
I am sure he is still handsome...but ''older handsome.''

eeehhh, I need an award for diplomacy  ;D
Let those that love us, love us. And those that don't, may God turn their hearts. And, if He cannot turn their hearts, May He turn their ankles so we may know them by their limping!- Irish blessing

frederick

« Reply #16 on: August 04, 2008, 09:52:26 AM »
hi Mazbeth,
thank you for those kind words, you know i have forgotten that girls name it could well be  MARY.   :)     O0
Failure to Prepare is to Prepare to Fail

Mary8790

« Reply #17 on: August 04, 2008, 08:27:39 PM »
Hi Fred.  She probably was called Mary, there's a few of us around.  Not me though she's too glamorous...I was more the long hair & bellbottoms in the 60s and I fancied myself as Cher.  Can't say I look anything like her now but I've just grown old gracefully!!! 

jaykay

« Reply #18 on: September 11, 2008, 12:24:32 PM »
When I was an apprentice signwriter in Stafford Street in the late 50's A guy came into
the shop and ordered 11 front panels for his band members, his name was Cliff Deeley and he was the resident band at the tower at that time, drove me barmy, doing 11 all the same, never have liked repetition.

potblack

« Reply #19 on: December 29, 2009, 05:55:16 PM »
Hi.
We used the Tower, late '50s early '60s. Remember the cha-cha and theTwist?

Met up with a friend last year who I hadn't seen for 55 years.
He told me he played piano at the Tower when they had a revolving stage - to save time between acts. The band were at the back, they struck up and the floor began to turn. The problem was the piano was on the moving bit and his stool was on the static part. He had to run after the piano!

maypolemadman

« Reply #20 on: December 30, 2009, 05:27:56 AM »
 The piocs of the boys and girls at the Tower struck a chord with me  . I have a similar pic but it will take me weeks to find it . . It was in my pre-courting days so maybe it has been disposed of . Diplomacy rules  ......However if I do come across it I will send it along  .......Happy days and not to far to wobble home on foot Old browny  now Maypolemadman

frederick

« Reply #21 on: December 30, 2009, 09:51:08 AM »
Maypolemadman,
I have seen other photos of inside the Tower you will have to sort them out and put on i don't think there are many of them because of people being out on the batter  ;D
Failure to Prepare is to Prepare to Fail

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy