Author Topic: Tower Ballroom  (Read 30223 times)

Phil

• Account Closed
Re: Tower Ballroom
« Reply #88 on: March 18, 2018, 09:56:35 PM »
The final 3 articles come from the Birminhgham Mail, Post & Gazette all on the same day Septemner 8th 1944. A big thanks to Mike for taking the time to sort them out.

Also a big thank-you to you Roy, as I had never heard of this story until today, and as I have said before I like to learn something new every day.
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

RoyMcC

« Reply #89 on: March 19, 2018, 06:56:41 AM »

Thanks for this Mike and Phil. Strange that Galaland was active for some 40 years but left few traces. By contrast, for example, the history of the renowned Aston Lower Grounds is well documented.

That's the great thing about local and social history though. Something else is always turning up.

Rawlings

« Reply #90 on: August 26, 2020, 03:22:13 AM »
Dear Hodders Did you know my Dad please? John Rawlings. Played Alto Sex and clarinet. We live in NZ and my cousin in England saw a picture of you all on TV recently asking if anyone knew who this band was.
Cheers Sarah Rawlings

Scipio

« Reply #91 on: August 30, 2020, 08:52:23 PM »
Dear Hodders Did you know my Dad please? John Rawlings. Played Alto Sex and clarinet. We live in NZ and my cousin in England saw a picture of you all on TV recently asking if anyone knew who this band was.
Cheers Sarah Rawlings

Gidday Sheila , sorry I did'nt know John Rawlings but I'd love to know what a Hodder is . The reason I ask is we speak English on this forum , welcome anyway hope you enjoy the experience
If voting made any difference , they wouldn't let us do it.
Mark Twain

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy