Author Topic: Where to go? Where to go?  (Read 2116 times)

Tonto

Where to go? Where to go?
« on: June 24, 2006, 05:02:43 PM »
As I grow older I find it more and more difficult to find places, bars in particular, that I would want to go. It's Saturday evening and I'm off out in an hour and a half into the city and I have no idea where to go.

I write Broad Street off straight away. It's not really my kind of place. I could possibly try some of the bars round the back of Colmore Row, but I have no idea what they are like. Summer Row? Nah. I paid £3.60 for a pint in one of those paces. Shocking! The mailbox..? Well that has one bar that has possibilities and that's Penny Blacks. Other than that, I must admit I'm kind of stumped.

Any suggestions?

I'll post where I went and what the places were like when I recover tomorrow.

tha_protector

Re: Where to go? Where to go?
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2006, 01:22:54 AM »
well i have lived in birmingham for a year at uni and i feel it depends on your age were u go a good website to find out about stuff is dontstayin.com if your looking for maily night clubs thought bars i tend to go to scruffy murphy's just past the carling academy which is a irsh rock bar thought im fairly new thier my self and its the only one that i kind of rember from a pub crule lol thought i know what u mean about broud street ive only go ther ones couse it not reallty my sort of thing

Tonto

Re: Where to go? Where to go?
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2006, 08:54:58 PM »
I know Sraffy's, but it used to be the Pen and Wig when I went there. I used to go there a lot when I was at Uni. Also the Barrel Organ, Costermongers, Snobs, Edwards and XLs.

Can you tell I was a bit of a rocker?

Nowadays I like a quieter pub.

I did end up in the Havana bar though on my night out which was fun. Bumped into a load of stags who were having a right good laugh

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy