Author Topic: Kingstanding  (Read 135788 times)

Denise Lawton

Re: Kingstanding
« Reply #297 on: March 01, 2016, 03:31:35 PM »
Hi Tony

Sorry to hear, that doesn't sound good :-[

I never knew the swoffers just on my quest to see if anyone might of known Dennis, that someone said that the swoffers used to drink in the Charlie so might have known him plus if you say they were scrape dealers it might make sense.  I have tried to up load a pic of Dennis, as he has tattoos on the back of his hands that seem quite unusually for back in the day but not quite working out yet, lol.

Denise

TPT.50

« Reply #298 on: March 02, 2016, 07:40:39 AM »
Denise,   I met my wife in the Mount (my old watering hole) she was there as her regular pub (The Charlie) was closed due to a brewery strike at the time, we're talking 1996.

I didn't actually know the chap your looking for but if you could name a few others there's bound to be 1 or 2 I recognise as at the time I did get around Kingstanding a fair bit and knew one or two family's who lived behind the Charlie and of course others in the area, whereabouts in the area were you born/brought up?  as that might give me a clue,

Regards,       Tony.

Denise Lawton

« Reply #299 on: March 02, 2016, 08:36:58 PM »
Hi Tony,

If you go to the title "Looking for Old Friends or Family" on this forum page 47 User name "Fuzz" you can read what I posted back in November 2014 plus a pic of Dennis, maybe easier :)

Denise.

TPT.50

« Reply #300 on: March 03, 2016, 07:57:04 AM »
Denise,  Hi again,  checked out page 47 as you suggested but sadly I don't recognise the man your seeking the info on.

Following some thought the name Lawton rings some distant bells, you didn't happen to be friends with Jackie M (down the dip) and Wendy N from Rivington? if this means nothing to you just ignore it and forgive my confusion with another,

Regards,      Tony.

TPT.50

« Reply #301 on: March 03, 2016, 05:12:03 PM »
Denise, I owe you a apology, after talking to my wife it appears the girl I had you mixed up with is apparently Denise Leyton not yourself,  I'm sure you can understand the confusion with the surnames so alike, my excuse is "well it was some 35 years ago",

All the best & good luck with your search,  Regards,       Tony.

Denise Lawton

« Reply #302 on: March 03, 2016, 06:44:16 PM »
Hi Tony,

Not a problem quite understand, thank you :)

Denise

queenie

« Reply #303 on: March 06, 2016, 11:36:06 AM »
[size=78%]hello i am new to this site, my grand father Harold Cunningham from twickenham road, kingstanding was killed in the college arms pub many years ago, my father is one of his children.[/size]

townie

« Reply #304 on: March 06, 2016, 11:48:40 AM »
Hi Queenie was this the pub that was petrol bombed in the 70s/80s.
Was it a vision, or a waking dream?

queenie

« Reply #305 on: May 25, 2016, 11:03:48 AM »
[size=78%]hello i am new to this site, my grand father Harold Cunningham from twickenham road, kingstanding was killed in the college arms pub many years ago, my father is one of his children.[/size]

Hi Rachie I remember when your Grandfather was Killed I lived around the corner In Finchley Road and we used to go th the College Arms for Social evening I Knew a Pat Cunningham Is this any Relation of yours.

queenie

« Reply #306 on: May 25, 2016, 11:08:24 AM »

[/quoHi Townie don,t know anything about Petrol Bomb te]at the College Arms sorry I had moved  away from Birmingham at that time,I,m sure someone on the forum will remember it .

irene

« Reply #307 on: May 25, 2016, 03:29:04 PM »
Hi Anyone know the FLOYD'S LAGOES And KIRTONS From Kingstanding my dad HARRY FLOYD used to drink in all the pubs round kingstanding x

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy