Author Topic: Kingstanding  (Read 135737 times)

queenie

Re: Kingstanding
« Reply #308 on: May 27, 2016, 09:43:57 AM »
Hi Irene iI have heard of a David Floyd he used to live around Twickenham Road Area ,Don,t know if this helps.

irene

« Reply #309 on: May 27, 2016, 07:19:29 PM »
Hi Queenie.I am a Floyd and David Floyd is my cousin and they did live at Twickenham Road.David's mom is still with us and she is 95.Thank's Queenie xx

queenie

« Reply #310 on: May 29, 2016, 10:06:02 AM »
Hi Irene thanks for your reply Bless her 95 .hope she is well . Happy Memories of Twickenham Road School. used to go there for play centre during the holidays . also Finchley Park used to spend hours in there on the swings etc fishing in the pond . Percy the Park Keeper and Bill the Gardener and the bell ringing when it was time to close and they locked the gates. .only to climb over the gates when they had gone home .Happy Days .

phil01104

« Reply #311 on: October 09, 2016, 03:09:14 PM »
Hi Alfie,
Have looked at web site very impressive  :)
Denise.

Hi Denise I've stumbled across this forum and It brings all the memories back , Carl and Dawn Marshall are cousins of mine , my family lived on the corner of Kings Road/Tottenham Cres. , I can remember some great night in "The Charlie" it seems like only yesterday ! You're name sounds very familiar but can't quite put a face to it !  Regards Phil Marshall

irene

« Reply #312 on: October 09, 2016, 04:08:13 PM »
Hi Queenie.My aunty Lily Floyd has had to go into Perry Locks nursing home but she has settled in well and doing alright.It's sad thou to think she had lived in the same house in Twickenham Rd for 70+ years and then had to go into a nursing home but it's for her own good.Irene

queenie

« Reply #313 on: October 09, 2016, 10:13:26 PM »
Hi Irene sorry to hear your Aunt has Gone into a Home ,but like you said perhaps its for thebest  ,I have never heard of the Home as I don,t live in Birmingham now, but I hope they look after her Well,I used to Live in Finchley Road ,and went to Twickenham Road School and also Warren Farm Secondry Modern .also I used to go to the Charlie pub to the Dances , good old days they were too

irene

« Reply #314 on: October 10, 2016, 02:39:43 PM »
Hi Queenie.Perry Locks Nursing Home isn't far from The Boars Head.They are looking after her well so that is the main thing.My dad used to drink in the Charlie Harry Floyd so did my Nan Lagoe also  my Uncle Bill Kirton.So you moved out of Birmingham.Irene

queenie

« Reply #315 on: October 10, 2016, 08:02:48 PM »
Hi Irene yes I moved from Birmingham About 47 Years ago,  I now live in Devon,But I still Have Sisters that Live in Or Near  Birmingham

queenie

« Reply #316 on: December 26, 2016, 10:55:19 PM »
Happy and Healthy  New Year Everybody .

blews st

« Reply #317 on: April 11, 2017, 07:39:28 PM »
Hi Everyone, I am a newcomer to the site and would like to know if there is anyone out there from Kingstanding.
Hi Lossie i lived in Streatham grove off Harringway Rd in the 40s 50s i left there in the mid fifties MY father was a well known chap around there in all the pubs. His name was Dick Shephardas i remember it was a good area

queenie

« Reply #318 on: April 11, 2017, 08:56:57 PM »
Yes I am From Kingstanding what area are you from I lived in Finchley Road

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy