Author Topic: Kingstanding  (Read 135768 times)

Lossie

Kingstanding
« on: August 07, 2008, 12:24:12 AM »
Hi Everyone, I am a newcomer to the site and would like to know if there is anyone out there from Kingstanding.

cdw

Re: Kingstanding
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2008, 03:37:13 AM »
yes i was, back in the old days, left 1954, to go abroad,  loving it get away from said place, how can you stand being there, glad i left.i even saw the sea, and green pastures, boy are you missing these thing living in kingstanding

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2008, 10:01:11 AM »
Lossie

Hello and welcome to the forum, can't help you with Kingstanding as I didn't even know it existed until I was about 14. There are members on here that originated that far out in the wilderness. Lossie I jest, I'm sure it was a wonderful place to spend your childhood. Hang about I am sure they will have something to say to you.

Phil
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

Bannion

« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2008, 01:15:15 PM »
Cross me off your list to help you, Lossie.  Sorry but I was south of the city and then up to nearly forty years ago when I too left Brum.
Enjoyed my youth but am far happier, at my age, where I now live and will never return except to renew my Brummie accent. 

mazbeth

« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2008, 01:36:48 PM »
yes i was, back in the old days, left 1954, to go abroad,  loving it get away from said place, how can you stand being there, glad i left....
you said that about Aston too  ;D

are you happy where you are now?  :D

we lived next to Kingstanding in Perry Common from '69. I quite liked it - used to go to the swimming baths there and also to one of the primary schools at night to do St. John Cadets. I like Kingstanding Circle for the shops and library and, infact, lived on Kings Road in '81-'82 and used to shop there.
Let those that love us, love us. And those that don't, may God turn their hearts. And, if He cannot turn their hearts, May He turn their ankles so we may know them by their limping!- Irish blessing

cdw

« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2008, 08:34:30 PM »
 yes i said that about Aston. also kingstanding,went to school at twickenham primary in twickenham road as we lived there.used to go to sutton coldfied and mixed with the snobs, infact i married one i never realized, how beutiful the world can be,wiyh ll the mountains and lakes, and greenery,beaches where you can lie down without touching other people, if you see more than ten is crowded, now hope you see what you are missing.

jasper14

« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2008, 10:52:27 PM »
CDW       
You mentioned the trees and beaches etc, what about the terrible cold
winters, snow, mountains that hover............Come to the North Island its
much more civilised.............

jasper14

« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2008, 10:55:17 PM »
Lossie, welcome from the better part of NZ,others will differ BUT.............

I came from Gt.Barr, but my late husband came from Ksdg.he lived in
Caversham Road, by St.Lukes Church..Mr Charles was the Vicar 1950s on.

Where are you???

cdw

« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2008, 10:59:08 PM »
you must be joking, there is more violence,up there more murders, more stckey heat, you can keep the north,

jasper14

« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2008, 11:07:52 PM »
There are also a good many more people.....
However we will agree to differ, this is NOT the place to have a land war.

cdw

« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2008, 12:00:55 AM »
you are right we don't want to start a land war..because you know i am right, Living in queenstown, we never get any crime,

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy