Author Topic: The Castaways Club  (Read 38620 times)

Scipio

Re: The Castaways Club
« Reply #110 on: September 30, 2017, 10:08:41 PM »

Remember her singing Secret Love ;D

Denise I remember that record I also remember that glistening red lipstick she wore

If voting made any difference , they wouldn't let us do it.
Mark Twain

JonPaul

« Reply #111 on: September 19, 2018, 06:22:09 PM »
Hi
I remember the Casterways and it's gorgeous girls. Used to go most night with Brian Harrison & Martin Ince. I remember cleaning John Reeves E Type Jag and his plane Casterway Girl, a Cessna 172 based at Birmingham airport.
Great Days much water gone under the bridge.
Does anybody remember going on a carnival float in the Solihull Carnival, I organised it and some of the girls put a grass skirt on me.

Bollinge

« Reply #112 on: August 31, 2020, 01:30:05 PM »
New biography film of John Reeve’s life. Google “Bet on Yourself by Harvey Eaton’

Jaw

« Reply #113 on: March 21, 2021, 04:59:36 AM »
My father used to own the castaway in the 70’s and then changed its name to the time and place ( as a strip club ) my mum took it over in 79 and we sold it in 82. I also remember watching the cast from crossroads in the adjoining building. We used to climb on the roof and watch rehearsals as the room they rehearsed in was all glass. Great times. Dad also held dance lessons ( jiving ) in the first floor which was called the twilight rooms.

Jaw

« Reply #114 on: March 21, 2021, 05:06:08 AM »
My father used to own the castaway in the 70’s and then changed its name to the time and place ( as a strip club ) my mum took it over in 79 and we sold it in 82. I also remember watching the cast from crossroads in the adjoining building. We used to climb on the roof and watch rehearsals as the room they rehearsed in was all glass. Great times. Dad also held dance lessons ( jiving ) in the first floor which was called the twilight rooms.

Scipio

« Reply #115 on: March 21, 2021, 06:57:39 PM »

The high life sounds all very well , what are you both doing now  .
If voting made any difference , they wouldn't let us do it.
Mark Twain