Author Topic: The Castaways Club  (Read 47809 times)

LORZ

Re: The Castaways Club
« Reply #88 on: September 14, 2015, 08:50:57 AM »
Not really surprised, when I worked there, it half empty most of the time, some of the caberet acts on stage when I worked there, were pretty good, but I don't really remember them, I do remember Ronnie Wood dating my friend, and they came in one night, and a friend of mine called Dawn who I have lost track of.

Anne W

« Reply #89 on: September 14, 2015, 03:16:30 PM »
Lorz, Did you wear one of those Hawaiian girl outfits? :-[

LORZ

« Reply #90 on: September 15, 2015, 04:59:42 AM »
no, I don't remember them, I wore my own clothes behind the bar, not sure if that was before or after my time.  Funny what you do and don't remember.  I worked at the Dolce Vita and the Cavendish club too, decently clad as a dancer I might add, gogo was all the rage then, don't think the old body would take it these days LOL!

Anne W

« Reply #91 on: September 15, 2015, 01:50:30 PM »
Hi Lorz, I worked at Rebecca's, Barbarella's and one night at The Mayfair Suite. I started at the Castaways mid to late 1971. I met my first husband there when I was on reception and he came in selling insurance. When I first started there we all wore black hot pants with a white top, then they bought us all a little wrap round skirt and a frilly tie round top in a yellowy orange print. They used to send us into town early in the evening in the summer distributing flyers to encourage customers. I mainly worked in the first floor disco bar, but also in the shipwreck bar. I loved the footprint carpet up the stairs and the recording of seagulls screeching. I can't believe that we often went out for a curry after finishing work. It was the only club that provided transport home for us!Anne x

Anne W

« Reply #92 on: September 15, 2015, 02:55:29 PM »
Help! I am trying to attach an image of a Castaway club membership card but the site is telling me  it is too big. It's only a few inches wide and deep. Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong please? Anne

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #93 on: September 15, 2015, 03:04:56 PM »
Ann

It has nothing to do with the size of the actual item that you want to upload but it's size in KB or pixels.

You have to reduce it's size down to less that 192KB you can do that on this free web site,

http://webresizer.com/

Either that or try this method,

http://www.birminghamforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=4681.msg137371#msg137371

Believe me it's a lot easier than it looks at first.
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

Anne W

« Reply #94 on: September 15, 2015, 03:45:51 PM »
Thanks Phil, Am trying to do it. Can you see if it has attached please? Anne

Anne W

« Reply #95 on: September 15, 2015, 03:51:40 PM »
Haha, I can see it has Phil! That's great, was so easy! Learn something new every day! There'll be no stopping me now. Thanks so much Anne

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #96 on: September 15, 2015, 04:01:41 PM »
Anne

All part of the service, I hope that address is no longer current or you might get some weird mail.
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

planetmalc

« Reply #97 on: September 15, 2015, 04:11:15 PM »
Anne

All part of the service, I hope that address is no longer current or you might get some weird mail.

Writing it even as we speak........ ;D
There's no B/S on Planet Malc.

Anne W

« Reply #98 on: September 15, 2015, 07:56:30 PM »
Haha, No I'm not that daft. It was my parents address, I left there 42 years ago and Dad died 10 years ago. So no-one knows who Anne Bennett was, now. I live 25 miles away in Warwickshire so anyone writing won't get an answer! Anne

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy