Author Topic: The Castaways Club  (Read 47821 times)

Scipio

Re: The Castaways Club
« Reply #110 on: September 30, 2017, 10:08:41 PM »

Remember her singing Secret Love ;D

Denise I remember that record I also remember that glistening red lipstick she wore

If voting made any difference , they wouldn't let us do it.
Mark Twain

JonPaul

« Reply #111 on: September 19, 2018, 06:22:09 PM »
Hi
I remember the Casterways and it's gorgeous girls. Used to go most night with Brian Harrison & Martin Ince. I remember cleaning John Reeves E Type Jag and his plane Casterway Girl, a Cessna 172 based at Birmingham airport.
Great Days much water gone under the bridge.
Does anybody remember going on a carnival float in the Solihull Carnival, I organised it and some of the girls put a grass skirt on me.

Bollinge

« Reply #112 on: August 31, 2020, 01:30:05 PM »
New biography film of John Reeve’s life. Google “Bet on Yourself by Harvey Eaton’

Jaw

« Reply #113 on: March 21, 2021, 04:59:36 AM »
My father used to own the castaway in the 70’s and then changed its name to the time and place ( as a strip club ) my mum took it over in 79 and we sold it in 82. I also remember watching the cast from crossroads in the adjoining building. We used to climb on the roof and watch rehearsals as the room they rehearsed in was all glass. Great times. Dad also held dance lessons ( jiving ) in the first floor which was called the twilight rooms.

Jaw

« Reply #114 on: March 21, 2021, 05:06:08 AM »
My father used to own the castaway in the 70’s and then changed its name to the time and place ( as a strip club ) my mum took it over in 79 and we sold it in 82. I also remember watching the cast from crossroads in the adjoining building. We used to climb on the roof and watch rehearsals as the room they rehearsed in was all glass. Great times. Dad also held dance lessons ( jiving ) in the first floor which was called the twilight rooms.

Scipio

« Reply #115 on: March 21, 2021, 06:57:39 PM »

The high life sounds all very well , what are you both doing now  .
If voting made any difference , they wouldn't let us do it.
Mark Twain

Scottrb

« Reply #116 on: September 08, 2023, 08:46:47 PM »
I was just sorting through some of my late wife's photos and I came across this one, which I'm sure was taken in The Castaways, where she helped out. (Her husband at the time was John Reeve's business partner.) I'm sorry, I don't know the date nor who the people are at the table.

lmr3103

« Reply #117 on: September 08, 2023, 09:17:06 PM »
Welcome Scott, what a great photo. Wouldn't it be wonderful if someone recognised themselves on there !

pokerman

« Reply #118 on: January 06, 2024, 11:07:25 PM »
Hi Brumboyo. About PJ Proby. I used to manage The Cofton Country Club in the Lickey Hills , about 76/77 I booked him for 4 nights,first night he was fantastic ,half way through the show he told the backing band to have a break, he then pulled a bar stool in to the middle of the dance floor and sat with just his guitar & asked for requests , he was fantastic, the crowd loved it . Then !!!! 2nd night he feel out of a taxi with a near empty bottle of Jack Danials in his hand an hour late, we had a full house all paying more than normal, igot hime into the kichen & filled him up with about a gallon of black coffee, after 30 mins he sobered up a bit & said he would be OK, so i got him out on stage (wish i had;nt) Half way thro the first song he stopped,right in front of the stage was a young couple the lady had a low cut dress & large boobs, he said what a pair of [censored] & made a grab for them the guy gave him a whack, i jumped in and got PJ in head lock & dragged him of stage into the dressing room, when i let him go he bent down & pulled a gun out of his cowboy boots. threatened to blow my F---ing ears off. i slammed the door on him & locked it . The lads in the band went in & calmed him down. A nightmare ,sacked him & did not pay him. Hade to give loads of people there money back. He;s great sober.

Gwladmab

« Reply #119 on: January 07, 2024, 08:26:55 AM »
Hi Brumboyo. About PJ Proby. I used to manage The Cofton Country Club in the Lickey Hills , about 76/77 I booked him for 4 nights,first night he was fantastic ,half way through the show he told the backing band to have a break, he then pulled a bar stool in to the middle of the dance floor and sat with just his guitar & asked for requests , he was fantastic, the crowd loved it . Then !!!! 2nd night he feel out of a taxi with a near empty bottle of Jack Danials in his hand an hour late, we had a full house all paying more than normal, igot hime into the kichen & filled him up with about a gallon of black coffee, after 30 mins he sobered up a bit & said he would be OK, so i got him out on stage (wish i had;nt) Half way thro the first song he stopped,right in front of the stage was a young couple the lady had a low cut dress & large boobs, he said what a pair of [censored] & made a grab for them the guy gave him a whack, i jumped in and got PJ in head lock & dragged him of stage into the dressing room, when i let him go he bent down & pulled a gun out of his cowboy boots. threatened to blow my F---ing ears off. i slammed the door on him & locked it . The lads in the band went in & calmed him down. A nightmare ,sacked him & did not pay him. Hade to give loads of people there money back. He;s great sober.
Great story pokerman, he sounded like a nightmare......

lmr3103

« Reply #120 on: January 07, 2024, 08:44:22 AM »
I knew someone who was the absolute biggest PJ Proby fan. I wonder if he knew he had this other side to him! He’s sadly passed away now RIP Bazz.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy