Author Topic: 24/7 gyms  (Read 10667 times)

kitkatrob

24/7 gyms
« on: October 04, 2008, 08:29:22 AM »
Does any one know where there is a 24 hour gym in Birmingham? I get home from work when there all shut so i miss work out  :(

Ive heard there might be one on Stoney Lane in Tyseley???

Replys much appreciated thanks x   O0

Phil

• Account Closed
Re: 24/7 gyms
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2008, 12:27:22 PM »
Hi kitatrob

Welcome to the forum, The young amaze me (I'm assuming you are young) do a days work and want to go down to a gym. When I was young and I came home from work it was all I could do to manage to get myself down to the pub.

I have never heard of a 24 hour Gym in Birmingham and I certainly have never of one in Birmingham, and by the way that would be Stoney Lane, Sparkbrook, Yardley or even Northfield as there is no Stoney Lane in Tyseley.

Have you tried one of these top end hotels that have their own gym and pool. I have no idea how they operate these places never having entered into a fitness suite in a hotel. Do they allow members of the public into them? Its worth an enquiry.

Phil
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

tramp

« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2008, 10:53:10 PM »
Hello  kitatrob,

Welcome to the forum you have now become an official BF! - I hope that you enjoy it.  It might be worth finding out if the airport or an airport hotel has a gym?  I cannot suggest much else as when I lived in Brum there weren't 5 planes a day! No scheduled daily flight to London, and of course no holiday charters in the 50s.

streetslocal

« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2008, 09:33:42 AM »
I have just spent 15 minutes browsing google for one but cant find anything there.

www.streetslocal.co.uk

Find a local business and rate and review a local business now

Find things to do with Streets Local

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2008, 10:59:55 AM »
Hi streetslocal

Welcome to the forum, I don't think it matters much. As most of us on this site would collapse before we got to the gym, and I don't think we would be looking for somewhere to exercise in the middle of the night. Well not that sort of exercise anyway.

Phil

Phil died in 2020. RIP.

tramp

« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2008, 01:26:49 PM »
Hello streetslocal,

And a big welcome to the forum from me too - have a look around it, and then get stuck in and enjoy yourself.  Don't let Phil influence your thinking as we are not all half dead - yet anyway (I'm only just about a third gone).  And to prove it, I'm off right now to the outdoor pool down the road for a dip in the sun (and water)!

tramp

mookinman

« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2008, 11:13:09 AM »
streetslocal - you may have spent a good 15 minutes browsing google looking for one, but since so many businesses out there have no idea about marketing, you'll be unlikely to find exactly what you're looking for even though it's probably out there! They mostly just seem to sit there waiting for customers to magically appear, then they love to moan about the fact that business is quiet these days.

As far as gyms go... I think I'm with Phil... down the pub!
Please have a look at my Birmingham & Black Country T-Shirts

BlueMax

« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2011, 08:19:01 PM »
This thread is just a convoluted spam attack.
Gymnasiums smell funny.
I'd rather be in the pub.
Bungle, Zippy, George and Jeffrey.

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2011, 10:46:36 AM »
BlueMax

I agree with you and any further posts naming or praising any particular gym will be removed. If you wish to pass on information of this kind please do it via the private messaging facility.

I will also removing any posts that name gyms as this is as good as advertising which is not allowed on this forum.

Phil
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

maggie

« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2011, 10:53:32 AM »
Gyms at night..

Have you spoken to the City Information Centre
they are usualy pretty well genned up.

Ours can even tell ou where the Sales are on,
and we do one 24/7 opening but its a bit too
far for you to come after work
do unto others as you would be done by