Author Topic: Free Parking Anywhere near NEC??  (Read 18567 times)

jac12345

Free Parking Anywhere near NEC??
« on: October 11, 2008, 10:18:00 AM »
Hi all,
I am meeting a few friends for a day out at the NEC, and we are all coming in our cars from various places.  Although £8 each for parking would work out very expensive, so I was wondering if anyone would be able to tell me of somewhere nearby that we could all meet and park, then just one of us take everyone from there and park in the NEC car park for the day.
Am thinking of an out of town outlet centre/supermarket where we can park for free/cheap for the whole day on a saturday, less than 10 miles from NEC.

Thanks in advance

mookinman

Re: Free Parking Anywhere near NEC??
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2008, 11:16:37 AM »
I used to know a guy who worked at one of the car rental places at the airport, that was very handy!

My advice would be to find a respectable residential area near the NEC (perhaps not Chelmsley Wood!) and park roadside. There are plenty of nice streets within 10 miles of the NEC.
Please have a look at my Birmingham & Black Country T-Shirts

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2008, 01:07:48 PM »
I have no doubt that you will be accessing the NEC from the M42. When you exit the M42 just stay on the A45 and carry on past the NEC in about five minutes you will hit the outer suburbs of Birmingham (Sheldon) find yourself some street parking around there. Your cars should be quite safe there.

Whatever you do, do not park off road on a piece of land anywhere by a factory or shop or similar and always look for notices. Car Clamper's are rife in Birmingham, but if you park legally and correctly you should have no problems.

Have a nice time in Birmingham

Phil
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

winnie

« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2009, 03:57:49 PM »
look at park at my house.com

litesp33d

« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2011, 04:12:24 PM »
If you are happy to be 10 miles ish from the NEC leave the M6 at junction 7 and head to Walsall.
Loads of safe residential streets to park in off the Birmingham Road.  If you pass the Bell Inn that is as far as you need to go.  The parking towards Birmingham on A34 gets less convenient the closer you get unless you have a lot of local knowledge.
Then catch the 51 or faster for the same money the express X51 to Birmingham and then take the 900 bus to the NEC.
Day pass per person about £3-4.  For a group of 5 it costs about £8.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy