Author Topic: What item could you not do without?  (Read 4331 times)

kadoodey

Re: What item could you not do without?
« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2006, 09:49:34 PM »
hi spyro
yes leccy is an item that u take for granted there,i live in spain and water and leccy get turned off a lot.if i ever returned to england i would never take these two for granted again!!not that i think i ever would return1

rickmercer

« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2006, 12:57:34 PM »
for me it has to be Rugby League. Without my weekly fix I,m like a bear with a sore head. Whether it,s Saturday afternoon watching my son,s amateur team , West Bank Bears, or Sunday watching our professional side, Widnes Vikings, I have to be there. If not, come Monday morning
nobody will come near me at work, the word soon spreads, "look out, taz,s simmering" and I,m left alone to
brood until ,by Wednesday I,ve usually cheered up and looking forward to my next fix. Being a Rugby League fan I suppose I,m lucky really as the professional teams play in the summer and the amateurs in the winter so my simmering spells are fairly rare

Graham

« Reply #13 on: September 27, 2006, 10:48:52 PM »
I couldn't do without my eyes and my legs. Last year I ruptured my aorta right down into my legs. The surgeon said to my wife "I think that we will have to amputate his legs" thank god he didn't, without them I wouldn't want to live anymore. My legs have recovered now.

Graham.

Langstraat

« Reply #14 on: September 27, 2006, 11:37:37 PM »
It doesn't sound fair that you should leg problems Graham. I thought cycling would be a perfect way to ensure a healthy future. Was it too much exercise which caused the problems?
 I had a car accident in 1990 which damaged mine and am suffering still. Recently it was suggested I try some special shoes; MBT's I've worn them for a month and the improvement has been remarkable. Still along way to go but the continual pain has now stopped and I've been able to stop using Ibuferen. You may wish to check out the site.

http://www.mbt-uk.com/

PM me if you require further details about them.
Never argue with an idiot, they'll drag you down to their level and try to beat you with experience.

Langstraat

« Reply #15 on: September 28, 2006, 09:33:20 AM »
My laptop.
Life wouldn't be the same without it now. It goes everywhere with me. It's the sexiest thing I get to sit on my lap. Now that all the services work the way they said it would it's a delight. I've been wireless for about five years and on those odd occasions when 'out and about' I'm able to connect using my mobile even though that's expensive it's worth it occasionally? I can connect from my laptop to other computers at home using my own network even stream music to my stereo as if by magic.
Never argue with an idiot, they'll drag you down to their level and try to beat you with experience.

Graham

« Reply #16 on: September 29, 2006, 09:07:25 PM »
Hi Langstraat, there was never anything wrong with my legs, it was due to my aorta splitting open right down to my legs. This restricted the amount of blood going into my legs. If I cycled a mile, this was last year after my first op, my legs would run out of oxygen. After my second op they have improved the blood supply to my legs and I can walk or cycle, at a steady pace, without running out of oxygen.

Thanks anyway for the link but I'm OK now.

Graham.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy