Author Topic: Location, Location, Location.  (Read 64964 times)

Phil

• Account Closed
Re: Location, Location, Location.
« Reply #22 on: October 20, 2008, 05:07:49 PM »
Here's two or three more to stretch your minds a bit. I think they are all in Mary Street, between Edward Rd and Balsall Heath Rd. I think  No 64 the one with seven houses is one of the terraces off Mary St. If you could remember the name it would be great.

Phil
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

Andy Capp

« Reply #23 on: October 20, 2008, 06:01:06 PM »
HI PHIL No 64  WAS NEXT TO THE OLD CHAPEL ALMOST OPPOSITE SLADES THE BAKERS SHOP. MY COUSINS LIVED AT 64 MARY STREET. I HAVE A PHOTO OF MYSELF & MY SISTER TOOK A THE REAR OF 64 MARY STREET IN THE 1940S. THE DEAKINS LIVED 3 DOORS BELOW THEIR SON ALAN PLAYED FOR THE VILLA.
ANDY CAPP

Andy Capp

« Reply #24 on: October 20, 2008, 06:08:04 PM »
HI PHIL
I THINK THE HOUSE IN THE SECOND PHOTO WHERE THE CHILDREN ARE STOOD OUTSIDE IS WHERE THE DEAKINS LIVED. I THINK No 64 MARY STREET  WHICH SHOULD BE TO THE RIGHT HAS ALREADY BEEN DEMOLISHED.
ANDY CAPP

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #25 on: October 20, 2008, 06:11:18 PM »
Hi andy

I was just going to say that the No 64 on the photo refers to the photo number not the house. I think the houses are a terrace off Mary St and I was just trying to find the name of the terrace.

Phil
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #26 on: October 20, 2008, 06:17:33 PM »
HI PHIL
I THINK THE HOUSE IN THE SECOND PHOTO WHERE THE CHILDREN ARE STOOD OUTSIDE IS WHERE THE DEAKINS LIVED. I THINK No 64 MARY STREET  WHICH SHOULD BE TO THE RIGHT HAS ALREADY BEEN DEMOLISHED.
ANDY CAPP

So Andy would the house in the photo that would be next door be 63 or 65 or 62 or 66. did they increase in numbers going up or down or in odds on one side of the street and even on the other?

Phil
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

Andy Capp

« Reply #27 on: October 20, 2008, 06:25:07 PM »
HI PHIL
I THINK THE HOUSE TO THE LEFT OF WHERE THE CHILDREN ARE STOOD WAS A PAWN SHOP IN THE 1930S JUST BEFORE THE WAR. THERE WAS A TERRACE THAT RAN DOWN THE SIDE OF SLADES THE BAKERS I DONT KNOW IF THATS THE ONE YOUR THINKING OF. I THOUGHT THAT ONE WAS CALLED PLEASANT TERRACE BUT NOT SURE.
ANDY CAPP

Andy Capp

« Reply #28 on: October 20, 2008, 06:33:33 PM »
HI PHIL
I'M NOT TO SURE HOW THE HOUSES WERE NUMBERED CAN'T HELP YOU ON THAT ONE. I KNOW THAT ABOUT FOUR HOUSES BELOW WHERE THE CHILDEN ARE STOOD WAS EVANS THE LITTLE GROCERS SHOP JUST BEFORE KNUTSFORD STREET.
ANDY CAPP

Andy Capp

« Reply #29 on: October 20, 2008, 06:46:17 PM »
HI PHIL
I THINK THE FIRST PHOTO WAS NEXT TO MARY STREET SCHOOL JUST BELOW THE HOUSES WAS MONKS THE BUTCHERS  ABBATOUR .
ANDY CAPP

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #30 on: October 20, 2008, 07:33:19 PM »
Andy

Sorry to be a bloody nuisance but underneath the photo there are numbers. Do you think you could put that number to the ones you recognise. I must be a little thick because I am getting confused.

Let me see if I have got this right No 8 is next to the school
No 14 is next to a pawn shop in the 30's.
No 64 is Mount Pleasant Terrace.

Phil
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

Andy Capp

« Reply #31 on: October 20, 2008, 07:40:29 PM »
HI PHIL
WHEN THE HOUSES NEXT TO MARY STREET SCHOOL WERE BOMBED IN 1940.
MY GRANS HOUSE WAS OPPOSITE WAS DAMAGED BY THE THE BLAST & NEEDED REPAIRING THE SAME LANDLORD MOVED HER INTO ONE OF HIS OTHER HOUSES IN OLDFIELD ROAD SHE COULD HAVE RETURNED AFTER IT WAS REPAIRED. BUT SHE ASKED THE LANDLORD IF SHE COULD STOP WHERE SHE WAS & LIVED THERE UNTIL SHE PASSED AWAY IN 1970
ANDY CAPP

Andy Capp

« Reply #32 on: October 20, 2008, 07:45:53 PM »
HI PHIL
64 WAS WERE MY COUSIN AS I SAID EARLIER. BUT I'LL CHECK WITH MY COUSIN IN AUSTRALIA WHO LIVED THERE I'LL GET BACK TO YOU ON THAT ONE
ANDY CAPP

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy