Author Topic: remembering birmingham as a kid  (Read 36755 times)

rosinae

Re: remembering birmingham as a kid
« Reply #33 on: October 25, 2008, 04:26:40 PM »
Welcome Rosinae. I pop in from time to time on this fantastic site. Hope you are enjoying all the photographs. You can't go wrong with The Forum when it comes to things long past. Phil is brilliant with the pics. Have fun, make friends and stick around... the Forum never ceases to surprise you!
Hi bookworm thanks for your reply yes I love the Forum I never knew it exsisted its a great way to get information on the things that you love  the pics are fantastic what a lovely crowd you all are  rosinae

bilsat

« Reply #34 on: October 27, 2008, 05:19:27 AM »
Hi Rosinae.
I went to Billesley School from 1951 till 1962 so just missed you. have a look on http://billesley.org
you will find lots of pictures of the pupils
I still live n the area and run a project on Billesley Common called "The Valley Riverside Project" restoring the land near the junction of haunch Lane and Yardley Wood Rd.
Do you remember the prefabs on the common?

rosinae

« Reply #35 on: October 27, 2008, 09:31:04 AM »
Hi bilsat yes I certainly do remember the old prefabs at the bottom of haunch lane god they are a delight to see I remember going to the  pictures  just up the road as a kid and the school dentist was up there there as well When I was 18 I worked on the buses and the terminus was at in front of those old prefabs I was on the 18s and 24s howI loved those days

frederick

« Reply #36 on: October 27, 2008, 10:50:04 AM »
hi phil,
that photo was taken befor my time the team name had change to the Midland, there are two on the photo that i do recognize Leo Goodchild top row on the left and Les Woodley top row fifth from the left that photo was taken about 8 years befor i joind.

Fred
Failure to Prepare is to Prepare to Fail

rosinae

« Reply #37 on: October 27, 2008, 04:10:59 PM »
Hi bilsat let me know how you are getting on with the valley riverside project its nice to know that you are looking after its welfare I was just looking at those prefabs again is that the picture house behind them that i went to when i was a kid

rosinae

« Reply #38 on: October 27, 2008, 04:33:13 PM »
Hi bilsat yes i remember those prefabs is that the old picture house behind the prefabs
I lived in Chinnbrook road until I got married and my memories are of the recreation park at the bottom end of chinnbrook road and the Trittiford road school I  went to also Iworked on the buses as a clippie in my teens  on the number18s and 24s and the terminus was down by the valley pub for the 18s

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #39 on: October 27, 2008, 04:35:41 PM »
hi phil,
that photo was taken befor my time the team name had change to the Midland, there are two on the photo that i do recognize Leo Goodchild top row on the left and Les Woodley top row fifth from the left that photo was taken about 8 years befor i joind.

Fred

Fred

I heard you were born with wheels on your feet and a guitar on your back.

Phil

Phil died in 2020. RIP.

frederick

« Reply #40 on: October 27, 2008, 04:55:14 PM »
Phil,

;D   ;D    ;D   O0

Fred

frederick

« Reply #41 on: October 27, 2008, 05:01:10 PM »
ware i live now there used to be prefabs i don't remember them being here so they were removed over 25 years ago.

tramp

« Reply #42 on: October 27, 2008, 06:40:15 PM »
Fred,

Brum Council bought those pre-fabs all those years ago as even then they were planning ahead for the expansion of the EU, and next March they're going to put them up on the Lickey Hills and reopen the tram line as an overland 'Metro' to 'New (Warsaw) Street Station'.  As you know something of their history, you should be invited to make a speech and declare the ''doors open'' - just up your street, eh mate?

bilsat

« Reply #43 on: October 28, 2008, 05:21:33 AM »
Yes the old picture house was the Tudor.Here are more pics from the internet

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy