Author Topic: remembering birmingham as a kid  (Read 36752 times)

Bannion

Re: remembering birmingham as a kid
« Reply #44 on: October 28, 2008, 01:21:21 PM »
Bilsat,
Been a long time since I passed there but do believe the garage is now gone and there is either flats or a community home on it site :-\

gibson

« Reply #45 on: October 28, 2008, 07:43:50 PM »
Hi Rosinae, thank you for your reply on the Yardley family that lived in Effingham Road, in the 1940s, I was hoping that maybe someone else that lived in Effingham Road, might remember them, even though you did not recall them, I hope you get lots of replies from people that knew you in your younger days, kind regards. :)

tramp

« Reply #46 on: October 29, 2008, 12:46:05 AM »
Hello gibson,

Welcome to the forum.  I hope that you enjoy it as much as many of us do. O0

tramp

gibson

« Reply #47 on: October 29, 2008, 11:04:36 AM »
Hi Tramp, Thank you for welcoming me to the forum, as a Brummie, born and bred in Nechells, I am sure that I will enjoy the site.   regards Gibson :)

Phil

• Account Closed
« Reply #48 on: October 29, 2008, 11:42:44 AM »
Hi gibson

Welcome to the forum from one who has some history of Nechells in his background to another. What part of Nechells were you born in, and where do you live now.

Phil
Phil died in 2020. RIP.

Telstar

« Reply #49 on: October 29, 2008, 12:18:53 PM »
Hi rosinae, I did get your replies honey and thank you very much. I'm glad you enjoyed them and they gave you a pleasant moments reflection. I'm sorry I've taken so long to get back to you, having but just recovered from a long weekend....

I still know a few characters from our old areas and school who did nothing else but spent their lives up the Bull Ring having had their own pitches for years, inherited from some of the old characters that they worked for as young lads and most likely knew your dad and 007, Benny Bond. Unfortunately, I'm in Dublin at the moment and won't be going over till perhaps Christmas for a visit. If I remember, rosinae, if we go over and I'm down that way, I'll ask for you.....

The truth always prevails.....

Telstar

« Reply #50 on: October 29, 2008, 12:39:38 PM »
Here's to you rosinea.... Tickets please! All aboard the No 18. Ding! Ding! Might even be the very bus you conducted on...... It's the teminus at Haunch Lane with Yardley Wood Rd disappearing into the distance.....

rosinae

« Reply #51 on: October 29, 2008, 05:58:43 PM »
Hi telstar you simply amaze me ,that photo of the no 18 at the terminus bought back happy memories of my time with birmingham city transport as a clippie we .my mates Beryl Hall   Betty Mathews Maureen vimer I cant believe how Vivid my mind is looking at that photo Thanks telstar you are a star  rosinae   

jasper14

« Reply #52 on: October 29, 2008, 08:09:51 PM »

I hate you....all of you...........All these lovely pictures of the places you know
and sweet fanny adams of Great Barr,  I think I,ll go and eat worms.Seeee

roy one

• Global Moderator
« Reply #53 on: October 29, 2008, 09:39:04 PM »
jasper ho jasper you have hurt me I'm gutted how can you hate me I'm going to cry my eyes out now you have left me in pain im going to sling my self off the top of the big red bus  even if Mr sing says ding ding
each day is a blessing and I bless each day when it comes

Telstar

« Reply #54 on: October 29, 2008, 10:00:05 PM »
I thought you might like it rosanea. It's a beauty alright!.... We'll have to see if we can come up with something for you jasper?.....

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy